Friday, May 23, 2008

carrie strawberry and anna banana

when I was born I had a birthmark one on of my shoulders--I'd have to look at a picture, but I *think* it was my right. It was a small red sort of triangular shape. As I got bigger it went away.

My identical twin sister, Anna, had a birthmark too. It was brownish yellow and sort of sliver-of-a-moon-shaped/curved. Hers went away too.

Mine kind of looked like a strawberry. Anna's kind of looked like a banana.

Since our names were picked out before we were ever born (I was named for my great aunt cleona carrie/my aunt carolyn, and also my aunt candi whose middle name is renee with the accent in the wrong place, and anna was named for our grandmothers--mamie anna and lila mae), the fact that we both had semi-fruit-shaped birthmarks that resembled fruits that rhymed with our names was quite remarkable. And kind of awesome. (also, I *just* realized that both of us were named totally with middle names. moving on)

So yeah. Neato bandito factoid.

Tomorrow is going to be a full day for yours truly. In the morning Matt and I are going strawberry picking! I've wanted to do this for a while, but haven't ever managed to actually *go.* So tomorrow morning it is! There's a place like 3 miles from my house, and that's where we'll be visiting. I am PUMPED! Hopefully there will be no more jam disasters. hopefully.

After that it's more house looking. I have SEVEN more to see. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7. do wish me luck.

And then we will end the day with Betsy's birthday celebration. She rules. Year before last she was my Valentine, and I always always have fun with her, at halloween and new years parties and even when we have, um, complications at concerts or are tricked into thinking that a celebrity is going to hang out with us. :)

I am so so so SO excited for this long weekend, the first paid holiday (for me) of the year. and I'm looking forward to getting plenty of sleep, too!

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio