Monday, April 23, 2007

almost perfect. almost.

the only things missing from my weekend, for the most part, were things/people in other states. y'know, like renee, jessica, my family, mazzio's pizza, my wittle, itsy and grandlittle, my ocd, my t-town and s&s buddies, etc...but other than that? could have really asked for a better balance of weekend goodness...

let's list, shall we?

~widespread panic (which was eventful and fun, and I've now lost my stuffing-mini-bottles-in-my-bra virginity)
~one dollar grilled cheese sandwiches at the shake-down post show.
~sushi. mmmmmmmm sushi. and half sweet/half unsweet tea.
~softball (well, technically batting cages)
~shopping for cute baby things
~seeing all of my duke/durham friends
~yummy fruit, pretty flowers, deelish cake, seeing audrey's fam (and being reminded how much fun laura is! plus scott and I had fun talking about ChE...)
~compliments on my cute ross-dress-for-less skirt and plain-jane-ballet flats, which I DID wear on my date (thanks avm, att and kjw. and sjg too.)
~good times chit-chatting with the ladies. and eating skittles. and making cigar/ball jokes. :)
~beer pong which I didn't actually play, unfortch
~dancing. with a guy who can dance. WAY better than I can.
~a new place to look for cute clothes (maxstudio.com)
~jewelry making with some of my sisters and friends
~ryan messing with the baby bjorn and seeing the amazing quilt katie made for sam!
~tin roof icecream eating
~watching sex and the city with mary alise
~getting a free hip-hop cd at the car wash. no, really. 'course within the first three songs he likens himself to christ (because he's his dad's only son, too, clearly there's a connection) and tells us his name rhymes with bumble bee. but still, it was free.
~getting free super glue from my neighbor who just wants to take care of somebody. He has a daughter who is two years younger than I am, and he has been on medical leave for the past four months or so...he also offered me change for the car wash, it was nice of him.
~and being reminded of The Shirt Tales at dinner with Mary Alise and Matt. And Thundercats. And Gummy Bears. And learning that I might just be a yankee. Even though really, I'm not.

good times, people good times.

the only bad parts...

~some of the WSP "events"
~realizing that my batting problem isn't fixable--this one is good and bad. I socked the hell out of the pitches when they I selected medium speed baseball on accident, so it's an issue with the timing that's making me hit poorly. bummer, huh?
~the five minutes I spent alone downtown at 2am on Saturday because somebody walked off and left me. incase you didn't know, I'm a sarcastic person. get used to it. :)
~all of my tin roof getting eaten. I wanted to take some home, dangit! It's okay, though--there's no point in crying over frozen milk! The real bummer, though, is that it isn't an available flavor this month, see? [pout]
~getting a sunburn while cleaning out my car
~and being called a Yankee. I’ll have to blog about my logic for why I’m NOT later. ha!

and here are some cute pics from the shower!


2 comments:

katandkarl said...

i am called a yankee on a regular basis down here in arkansas. i'm from st. louis.. that is the MIDWEST!!! :)

Nick said...

OK, I completely forgot about the money for the shirt...but we're not even! I'll get it to ya...I don't roll that way!

And I will NEVER want to throw sushi at you, so pick another time...that's not the way I'd like to keep lone soldiers left standing...

And I can remedy that BB problem you have, maybe two weeks from now?
Need a fix? I'll contact your dealer!

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio