Thursday, February 15, 2007

"if there are going to be pictures I'm going to have to fluff."

~betsy pearce

the talking has ceased, at least for now, and I, for one, am completely enthusiastic about no longer wedging foam and plastic into my ear holes. :)

I believe that yesterday constitutes the best VDay I've had in a while, since there was no crying, no fighting, no gift or lack-of-card disappoinment and I enjoyed yummy food, excellent company, good tv and booze.

things that were good, recently:

(okay seriously, this is an attack of the killer li-ists--to be said like attack of the killer tomatoes. maybe there's something in the water. in tulsa. and north carolina. and arkansas. and who knows where else. anyhoo.)

!>getting to use a new appliance. the makeshift double boiler was kinda scary, and I'm not sure how I feel about its elevated center of gravity, however...
@>talking about british thermal units while celebrating vday. when else will I ever get to do that, I ask.
#>champagne in melting pot glasses, how appropriate
$>dahlia agreeing to do glamour shots for us (that's betsy's kitty cat!)
%>LOST--it was good, it was good!
^>watching desperate housewives from sunday night!
&>betsy and i took a huge step in our relationship--she gave me a key!
*>my tulips are opening bigger and bigger, see?

yeah, sundry pictures below.

and I really like this one of the tulips. yes, it is blurry. which usually equals bad. but I like the little ray-age of the sunshine. it warms my heart, okay? so sue me.



and this kid is pret-to-the-ty.



also-news alert-what is the DEAL with these series of coins that we keep printing? I mean, we overhaul the dollars and do the state quarters (when does OK's come out again? 2008, methinks. and check out these potential designs--I personally vote for #2) and the do the nickels and NOW?!? they're putting out dollar coins for the presidents--but only ones who are deceased because of some act in like 2005 or whatever. okay, fine.



'cept, you remember susan b. and sacagawea? yeah, their dollars didn't really GO anywhere. the only place you get/use 'em is when you buy stamps from the vending machine at the post office and it gives you the change in dollar coins instead of buckaroos.

and people get all up in arms about how women are only on coins, but at least it's ONLY women on the dollar coins, and now they're going to up and ruin that as well.

Fiscally, it makes sense (or rather saves them!) to get the US to use the coin dollar instead of the paper dollar. Over the course of 30 years, the life of the coin dollar, it costs 80 cents for all the dollars that had to go into circulation and only 20 cents for that coin that only needed to be minted once. I see it's a good thing. (not like we're going to put that savings to good use towards, y'know, not owing lots and lots of mulah to peeps, but whatev)

y'see, I couldn't care less about whether we use dollar bills or dollar coins as long as everyone accepts them. what I don't like is the hullabaloo about it. I mean, there's a WAR going on. And people are hungry and/or homeless. We are gigantic energy wasters/users and we still don't have a solution to that problem. And some people in the world STILL haven't heard of the Shins. And we, the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, are getting our panties in a bunch over the cost of money. "Let's do away with the penny!", we cry. "Let's develop a long series of time-released dollar coins that will require new presses for each that's released and let's make that huge deal!", we say.

if I only had a dollar for every dumb thing the US did...er, um...yeah. now I'm going to have a whole smattering of dollars from which to choose. I'd better start being more specific! I think I'll start for asking for the Kennedy dollar. he was a cutie.

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio