Sunday, October 29, 2006

but now I hold my head up high...

I've got all my life to live.
I've got all my love to give.
this weekend I did some things I've never done before--but don't worry, all of them were legal. :)
drama-rama on friday. luckily it's resolved. I had lots of fun with Betsy, Michael, Terry Goss and his friend Tan. And I met a cute guy, who may or may not be buying me dinner this week. But I'm pretty sure he will...we went out to celebrate Betsy's finishing the PE. She's the best, that Betsy. Everyone should have friends like Betsy. and Terry.

I drank beer, played pool, talked on the phone in the rain and requested that the band play Pearl Jam. They teased me--playing the beginning of TWO different PJ songs and then breaking into something else. Two songs later they did play PJ for me though, and on my way out at (yikes!) 230 I thanked them for playing it. And their guitarist yelled "thanks for being hot!" Who gets thanked for that?!? People should totally say that more often!

these are the kind of bad decisions made at 2am. see above picture.

Saturday I slept and slept and slept. For my jaw issues my doctor gave me muscle relaxers, and they made me pretty much worthless for all of Saturday. But I managed to get my act together, and Betsy and I were the Wicked Witch of the West (Coast) and Wicked Witch of the East (Coast).
foggy pic, but cute, no? On the way to party #1 we very much enjoyed the cd of covers that my friend Christina sent me this month, especially Cake's "I Will Survive." We listened to it twice in the car, and then they happened to play it at the party, too! YAY!

Oh, and new drink? apple pie shooter. Apple Cider + Vodka + Whipped Cream + Cinnamon. Yum! And the most fun part? Well, you sit in a chair with 3-4 people around you...and they lean you back in the chair, and you open your mouth while they pour in the ingredients. And when they're done and they lean you forward, you shake your head to mix it up, and swallow. Messy, but delish!
and, uh...I kinda hit someone's head against the wall while doing this--because, as I mentioned beforehand, someone else prolly should have been doing the chair-leaning...

And let me tell you, there were some kick-ass costumes at this party--a cap'n crunch, a washing machine, a franzia wine box complete w/ wine dispenser, a pirate, a bearded clam, a girl doing the walk of shame, Stuart, the Scarecrow, Fred Flinstone, Charlie Chaplin and my personal fave, a guy dressed as a Hooters girl! HILARIOUS!

So, after the costume judging and the pumpkin-carving judging, we resumed playing an odd version of beer pong (with water in the cups and you just take one drink of your own bev instead of downing the cup) and dancing/karaoke. And I chatted with another hot guy, who I think will also be buying me dinner this week. :)

and we had so much fun at party #1 that we never made it to party #2, oopsie...

I am sooooo not wanting any kind of deep relationship right now, but I think it will be fun to let good-looking guys buy me food, don't you? I've never "just dated" anyone. Hell, I've never even just gone out on a date with someone new--they've always been my friend first. So I think I'm going to try this very non-commital route for the time being (especially since I'll be moving in nine months anyway)--and it's not like I'm taking advantage of 'em, because a date isn't a promise of relationship, but I'm also not entirely ruling out anything else--it's not like I'll have a one-date rule.

But also there's no point in turning down dates, right? :) well, I mean unless they're not date-able, but that's an entire other subject. and also, duh.


anyhoo.
my shoes got glitter EVERYWHERE, by the way. but they were cute, and a good use of some old heels that were about to be put to pasture. my mom was sad that I didn't add bows, and a lot of people didn't get my costume (or wanted to know why I wasn't wearing a house, too). One even accused me of being a "naughty witch," but that doesn't have much credibility coming from a guy dressed as a hooters girl. :)

But now I'm saving all my lovin'
For someone who's lovin' me

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

3 things.
#1- I love that first picture of you. Super duper cute!
#2- Getting boys to buy you dinner is the awesome thing about being a girl.
#3- where are you moving?

Anonymous said...

hahahahahahaha! I laughed and then laughed some more at this!! I love the "he may or may not be buying me dinner this week.. but Im sure he will." Funny! Where are you moving, chica?

care said...

funny 'cause it's TRUE!!!

I have ZERO idea where I'm moving. I just know I'm moving to grad school. And currently the contenders are: MIT, Harvard, NC State, Virginia Tech, Clemson, U of Florida, Penn State and Georgia Tech. I totally need to get on the ball about this.

Anonymous said...

Penn State? Dude its cold there! But its the cutest little college town ever! (In my biased PA living opinion)

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio