Thursday, March 20, 2008

rat-a-tat-tat

um, I think I'm going to get a third tattoo. I'm still thinking about it. mostly, I know what I want, but not where to put it. on my shoulder is an option. yes, I realize it would likely show in a fancy dress, but a)I don't care and b)how often do I wear fancy dresses anyway?

I've also thought about getting it on my elbow. like, on the inside, where your arm rests by your torso. a little tiny flower. yes, you could see it in a short sleeve shirt, and no, I don't care about that either. I just want a little sunflower with green leaves and yellow petals and I'm not sure if I want an orange or brown center. or orange-brown. but the more I think about it, the more I know this is what I want. I'll tell you my sunflower stories soon, I promise.

I actually tried to draw what I want on a bandaid and put it on my arm so you'd get the idea, but bandaids don't make good tattoo palettes. :)

so if you have input, or have a tattoo in one of those places and have reasons you do/do not like the location, I'll be happy to hear it. and please, don't remind me that I'll have it in fifty years. first of all, I already have two, and second that's the entire point. And I want a third because I have a thing about odd numbers.

tonight we sing the maundy thursday service. we have a flute, oboe, violin and horn (I forget the name and don't feel like looking it up--not a trumpet. not a sousaphone. maybe a french? yeah, I think it's a french. anyway.) accompanying us, and they sound awesome, but it's TOTALLY screwing up our singers. I can hear exactly none of the people by me, and people don't stand close enough together either, so we sopranos are way over on the side in a J shape and I'm all alone. it kind of sucks.

at least it got better as the night wore on. I guess...I'm excited to sing the descant though. And I wish we were singing "was it a morning like this." and at least I don't have songs about torches and swords in my head! anyhoodle.

time to have lunch with my mentor now--we're celebrating my new job, and his transition to being my boss!

2 comments:

melissa said...

i played the french horn from seventh grade through my sophomore year in college. i sincerely apologize for your horner's behavior. : )

Ariel Merritt said...

I like when tattoos are on the back of people's necks.

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio