Sunday, March 23, 2008

i am okay with being by myself...

I'll get to the title in a minute.

friday after work--nap. dinner at azitra. meeting up with matt's college friend. drinking. running into my fellow church folks at ben's place and later heading to lynnwood to catch up with them. and realizing I hadn't had enough water to drink.

saturday matt and I went to brunch before he left for myrtle beach. and then it was a day of reee-lax-ing. pedicure. painting. shopping. photographing. cuddling with my kitties. good stuff. ooh AND I got my copy of our state in the mail. here's my photo!!!

last night I watched Million Dollar Baby and painted and went to be early since I had to get up so early--and I'm no good at early!

and then today was easter. I was at church for a long time (seriously--seven to noon) and we sang twice--and the second time was AMAZING. and fun! though I did almost yell at a woman who has repeatedly treated me like a child. there are three of the "younger" choir members that she's always telling what to do. including me. I'm sure this sounds ridiculous, and I'd have to explain a lot to give you an example--but long story short, she barks orders that it's not her place to bark.

anyhoodle, the service was pretty and the music was superfun and I was extra super thankful for the coffee and breakfast. and my pastor cracks me up.

also, one of my choir members was kind enough to invite me to her easter dinner once she heard that I didn't have any plans. which was really nice, indeed. I've realized that there's something getting to me though--it's the pity. I mean, she was so kind to ask me, and I know it was genuine, but the look on her face when I said that I was going to stay home and chill out bore a strong resemblance to the look you'd give someone when they said they had to put a pet to sleep. and I felt conflicting emotions about it, you know?

I actually asked another single woman about it--I explained that I LOVE being asked, and sometimes I really want to be with people, but that sometimes I'm totally okay with being by myself. And it's like some people can't understand that. It was kind of awkward. I think next time I'll just say "I have plans." And leave it at that...

oh, and the cross of flowers was quite lovely. It was pretty last year, too! (it's at the bottom of the post) but I especially liked it this year because I remembered to bring some flowers!

oh, and I finally took pictures of the flowers matt gave me for our anniversary. they're purdy. and now I will watch more of memoirs of a geisha (which is a LONG movie) and get some sleep!

again, HAPPY EASTER!!!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You NAILED the "putting a pet to sleep" face...but I agree that the invites are nice.. However, sometimes, it's like "eh..I'm alright by myself." I guess its just nice to be asked, but not to feel like you're diseased.. lol!

Cute pics btw!

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio