Wednesday, March 19, 2008

maybe I should become a hermit...

so, two things.

this is totally worth twenty minutes and forty seconds of your time. it's called the story of stuff. I think this annie leonard lady and I should totally go out to lunch. or attend a march together or something. if you are a fan of, oh, living on earth, it is worth it. the little factoids are disturbing, and the fact that they're all accurate is even worse!!!

and look at this--THREE batteries in each bottle of shave gel? THREE? okay a)wasteful, b)batteries are toxic and c)what, are we supposed to be all "ooh, shiny!" and do people dispose of the batteries properly after they're done? I doubt it. gracious.

and we are five percent of the world's population and generate thirty percent of the waste. MAN.
anyway. happier note. I painted yesterday for the first time in like six months. well, technically I painted, I finished painting this which I started almost a year ago and I also painted over my poppies picture so I can reuse the canvas because I don't even like that one! however, eventually I've got to find a home for some of these because I only have so much wall space and it's already covered with photos! anyhoodle. time for scouts!

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio