Monday, May 19, 2008

turn up my symphany, man, turn up my symphany!

~wyclef jean.

mary alise? she knows every single word to the song. the one that goes just 'cause she dances go-go, it don't make her a ho, no...you know it. :)

I have way, WAY too many pictures to put in one post. or two. or three. so I shall split them. I mean, I've already tried to pare down the number I'm uploading onto here, but yikes! between all the events and the two cameras, we took 435 pictures this weekend!

friday night, rehearsal, then dinner. VERY fun. incredible buffet at the same house as the shower, but outside. surprisingly enough, gin and tonic seemed to be the drink of choice for many ladies, which surprised me since most of my gal friends wouldn't touch one with a ten foot pole. and I was VERY thankful for my pink wrap. Mary Alise was pretty in pink and Michael wore his seersucker suit--I would've expected no less.

the rehearsal was a little overwhelming, but admirably organized with diagrams and everything! I was tres impressed. and slightly frightened I'd screw everything up! I was also extremely thankful that Mary Alise listed me as Ms. It's kind of a huge deal to me, if you didn't already know. Made my day, it sure did!

anyhoo--the dinner. so good I went back for seconds! seriously, the potatoes and rice and fried chicken? makes me hungry just thinking about it--and I finished lunch five minutes ago. mmmmm.

then it was time for the toast/roast. okay, it was supposed to be toasts, but sometimes jumped a little more into the roast category, especially when the college friends got up. people wrote poems and told stories. it was great. I even said something. :)



after the toasts I checked on matt, whose flight had been delayed. I wigged a little about him getting a rental car (thanks again, matt r for coming to the rescue with your internets) and then danced and danced with the girls. electric slide. whatever that new one is with the walk it out phrase. twist and shout. madonna. and michael jackson! good times.

in this picture, by the way, you can see mary alise's daddy (bottom right), her step-mom susan (bottom left), michael's dad michael sr (tan suit) and his step-mom sarah (yellow sweater). they were all VERY nice. and mary alise's daddy did the elvis wind-up thing for us, and that sure was a treat! ;)

I went home, took a brief trip to the hospitality room (man, I was SO thankful that no one was there, I can't even tell you!) talked to matt for a bit and craaaaaaashed. He got in around 230 and picked up his key at the front desk--thank goodness I thought to leave him one!--and I think we slept until 11 or later. and we needed the sleep! next up: the selma mall.

1 comments:

Jax said...

You look awesome in pink! :)))

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio