Monday, May 19, 2008

indiana glass, songs of selma, the drinking room!

so, saturday morning we went out to the selma mall to look for a non-pink wrap for me and dress socks for matt. and hooooooly crap.

went into the belks there, where they had some lovely wraps but they were all too thin. had the lady there try to convince me that I needed one, then that I didn't, then that I should get the one that I didn't even like. I ended up buying a pink ring, and I said "oh, I have my own bag. I don't need one." She would have NONE of that. NONE. She made me take a bag and perfume samples. MADE ME. I slid the perfume samples under the display on the glass counter when she wasn't looking, and I left the bad on another counter.

I even told her that I hadn't used a plastic bag since February, and she didn't care AT ALL. I was SO upset when I left that store. Needless to say, we didn't walk out that way, and I didn't go back to buy the shawl/wrap. Grrr.

Next up was Goody's, who didn't have wraps but who did have acceptable dress socks, and the same thing happened! Thank goodness we thought to explain to the lady that we'd have our receipt to prove the purchase had been paid. But really?!? SO ANNOYED.

anyhoodle.

We drove downtown to see the Songs of Selma sign, the dog and horse watering fountain, the pettis bridge, etc. And we went in an antique shop and I found this cute piece of blue glass. A little googling at home told me it's an indiana glass compote. I packed it tight in my suitcase and it made it home safe and sound. yippee!

If you didn't notice in my china cabinet, I am sloooowly collecting blue glass. Right now I have a vase and pitcher my granny gave me, a blue bottle (maybe an apothecary bottle?) from chris and ariel and then this compote that I just bought. and some little blue birds from my granny. and some butterflies I bought at the farmer's market in durham. anyway, excited about the new piece and its successful trip home!

We also took a BUNCH of pictures in the water district of Selma. Of us with the big map, of the buildings, of signs, of the bridge, of flowers, etc. This was our day-out-in-Selma before getting ready for the wedding!

1 comments:

Ariel Merritt said...

i would totally live in that little house with the american flag

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio