Tuesday, February 05, 2008

super. fat. tsunami.

so those are all words to describe today. my, what a day it has been!

primaries (though sadly not one in NC, we wait until may), talking about political stuff with a friend, sorting out some organizational drama and trying to get some work done...

speaking of work, it's getting even more likely that I'm going to do somework for these people, at least temporarily. and this means I'll get to get a taste of what they do before I actually apply for the position I mentioned here. we've gone from talking about possibilities to talking about charge numbers...yay!

and I picked up my camera yesterday--they didn't ask me for a receipt or anything! so go to your local camera shop and see if they'll let you pick up a camera, k? um, don't. but still. couldn't believe that. anyway, I am pretty excited about that, and hopefully I'll get to use it soon. I have everything I need but I think I want to buy some flowers and take pictures of them. A double treat for myself!

so as I imagine you know, tomorrow begins the season of lent. I've been trying to think of what to do...I gave up worrying, which was quite a success actually (seriously people I used to worry WAY more) and last year I gave up procrastination, and that has at least helped me oodles too. I mean, at least it meant I took the GRE.

but this year I'm maybe going to give up TWO things, sorta kinda. one is overscheduling. because, well, I do. and I need to make time for me, but I also need to make time for church stuff. I mean, y'all know I do a lot of church stuff. but this month I'm doing a CRAZY amount of church stuff. And I need to make sure that giving all this time doesn't make me resentful. recently I've been a little "ugh, I have to go to what?!?" and that's not right. I WANT to be a youth leader. I ENJOY it. and I LIKE singing in the choir (even though I'm not quite ready for it health wise, but I'm pretty close!). I'm GLAD to be on the youth council and communications committee.

the answer is not to cut these things out. the answer is to change the way I think about them. let's see how this goes for forty days. ironic that I can complain on sundays, no?

and then also? I'm going to go on a carbon fast. Oh no, not a no-carbon thing, that's kind of impossible. but look, there's something you can do every day...and if some of these don't apply or you already do it then substitute as necessary.

and the fact that the methodist church says "duh" on their website when describing list? uh-maaaze-ing. :)

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio