Thursday, November 22, 2007

thank goodness!

-so, we're in augusta. and we got here safely.
-I made it through fifteen hours of not eating (three of them blowing into a bag every twenty minutes) without turning into a huge b*tch.
-my pie arrived here safely.
-this morning matt made me really really happy by surprising me with three containers of ocean nasal spray (the very best kind!) and a sleep mask, which allowed me to actually sleep in the car!
-once my test was done I was able to have sonic--because there was one at the next exit, and we remembered that from the new years party in september! we're getting up extra early on sunday so matt can make it back to soccer, and I've been promised a sonic breakfast if i want it. yay!
-though my nose is crazy stuffy, having tea and sitting in the hot tub sure have made it better.
-augusta, ga has blue bell icecream. :)

so yeah, I'm pleased. oh AND--long story short, I've got a potentially awesome opportunity within my company. which interviewing my possible mentors I mentioned that I am interested in writing/publication, and would want advice about how to start doing that. As it turns out, completely unbeknownst to me, that's kind of what this group does--they work with the EPA on writing recommendations for regulations, addressing air quality concerns of, say, petroleum refineries. and anyway, after talking to them, their boss and their boss's boss (all potential mentors), I found out that I might be able to share work between their group and mine--I totally fit their profile grade wise and interest wise, since a lot of engineers can't write worth anything, you know? so after I was all excited I mentioned it to my boss, who said she's never seen me so excited, and that it'll take some effort, but it sounds like a wonderful idea and she hopes we can work it out!!!

long paragraph, I know. but anyway, I'm quite pleased about this! it would TOTALLY change the way I feel about my job--'cause if I get the chance, even if I don't like it, it would be a skill gained, something to put on my resume and exposure to EPA stuff, which will help me get my foot in the door if I ever want to work there.

and and and, ALL of the people I talked to would be awesome mentors. that made me pretty happy, too!

oh, and olivia, if you're reading this, I DID wave. just wait until you see proof. ;)

happy thanksgiving, y'all!

1 comments:

a mouthy irish woman? ridiculous! said...

enjoy your holiday!!!!!!

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio