Monday, January 28, 2008

feedback.

I, like Corrie, am a HUGE fan of providing feedback. I feel like if the experience is good or bad enough for me to share it with my friends/family, then I should let a manager know too.

I just called the hospital I had my sinus surgery in to let them know that
a)Rose and Kim, my pre-op nurses, were WONDERFUL and really made getting the IV and my waiting time the best it could be,
b)Judy, one of my post-op nurses, who helped me to the bathroom and helped me back when I was fainting was incredible, that her no-nonsense, no-more-apologizing attitude was perfect and that I really appreciated her help, and
c)that the nurse who gave me my ice and especially the nurse who was typing in the computer (the one with the sandpaper covered stick up her butt) really made an already miserable experience even worse.

I did admit that I am anxious about needles and faint rather easily, and that I understand that it can be frustrating on the post-op end 'cause everyone feels so crummy, and that I realize that the sandpaper nurse might've just been having a bad day.

but the woman on the phone was nice, said thanks for the feedback, that I am right I should not have been treated like that, even if Nurse Sandpaper was having a bad day, asked if she could pull my medical records and said that she would follow up with the appropriate supervisors to let them know my praises and concerns.

and that? that makes me a feel a little vindicated. I mean, I don't want anybody to get fired or anything, but I also don't want the post-op nurses to continue to treat others so rudely. And I want those who are going above and beyond to benefit from it too.

so yeah, feedback. I'm glad I gave it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

there needs to be more feedback in the world. you did good

Corrie said...

Woo-hoo on the feedback, Carrie! Glad to hear you had some good to report along with the not-so-good! Hope you are feeling TONS better!!

Jax said...

Glad you gave feedback, lovely! Plus, stuff like that was integral in lawsuits...Not that you're going to sue.. Anyway, I'm rambling.

Also glad you like the modern friction!

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio