Tuesday, January 29, 2008

your questions are wise beyond your years.

~lady at church

um, so this is neat. I mean, even if you think Grey's Anatomy is a lame show, it's still got a pretty awesome soundtrack. so if you hear a song you like, this just might be a good place to check.

I went to the church meeting last night--we're talking about expanding, and though I must admit I talked more than anyone else (surprise, surprise) I think I asked really good questions and I contradicted exactly no one. Since I generally find myself recruiting people to being on my side of the fence, this was refreshing. I asked/suggested things like:

-you're only starting in 2003, since we added another service in 2004. what happened before that? is this growth typical?
-this isn't quantifiable, but have we considered how much of our attendance has to do with our pastor who's been here for fifteen years? (the conference can move him elsewhere any time they want, basically)
-speaking of the conference, what's their plan for new churches in the area? if we expand are we taking membership from the new churches they want to form?
-if we can't afford to make our new building "green" at the beginning, because I realize that costs more, could we please at least get our building ready to accept "green" things--allotting space for future implementation?

etc.

I was also bothered by the fact that the average attendance graph had decimal points. I realize it's an average, but c'mon, there are no fractions of people attending my church.

and? I am still boggled by this--an entire third of the attendees of this church are under eighteen. a THIRD. that's HUGE. wowzers.

last night after the meeting I made myself caesar salad, garlic bread and cheese tortellini and sat on my butt and finished watching 3:10 to Yuma. It was actually really good. and I had no idea it was a remake! Also, I was happy to see the dude from Six Feet Under (Claire's creepy stoner boyfriend with the blue blue eyes, Russell) and the dude from Firefly/Serenity, Alan Tudyk, Mister "I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar."

and today I broke down and contacted my doc--because I have this persistent tingly ache in my nose and the roof of my mouth, and tylenol doesn't make it go away. I sure hope there's a painkiller stronger than tylenol that still leaves you functional. And I'm quite certain that this problem isn't being helped by my trouble sleeping--because if I can't sleep I'm not doing that rejuvenating thing, and then I'm in a nice little stagnant cycle. I mean, I'm still improving a tiny bit each day, and I'm uber excited about taking vitamins on friday, but this is still pretty sucky and I don't like it. we'll see what he says.

tonight, panhellenic happy hour, which I imagine I'll be at for, oh, exactly an hour. I don't think I can handle much more! but I'm excited since 15-20 people will be there, and that's a good turnout for a panhell event. we shall see. I'm sure I'll take pictures. :)

1 comments:

brooke knight said...

i was on generic darvoset last week, and it left me pretty functional- not good for night tho! left me WIDE awake far too early!

i LOVED 3:10 to Yuma. of course, with a cast like that, it's tough to go wrong!

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio