Monday, January 28, 2008

meh.

um, this is a kind of ramble-ee post, sorry...

I started this blog talking about the cat hair covering my fleece this morning, and how I had to change clothes after I tried to lint roller it three times. this is bor--ing! 'course, I'm not promising that the rest of it won't be...

I bought yogurt yesterday. yogurt, bananas, grapes and gatorade. I was waiting to do my "real" shopping until tonight or tomorrow 'cause I have this awesome $10 off a $50 purchase at Lowe's Foods thing (um, 20% off, hello?!?) but in my haste I bought the wrong kind of yogurt. i don't want or like the mix-the-fruit-in type. I mean, isn't eating yogurt kind of an accomplishment in itself? Don't get me wrong, I like yogurt. But I don't need to get such-and-such kind 'cause it's point oh-seven-three-one percent more healthy, am I right?

so, I'm still waaaaaaaaay tired. I get tired after drying my hair. Or playing a game of clue. Or after carrying clean laundry upstairs. Matt reminded me that the Carrie version of taking it easy isn't quite a normal person's version of taking it easy. That might have something to do with it.

oh yeah, Matt finished his Hundred Beers at Bub O'Malleys on Friday. We had some yummy McAlisters and then he drank his last four and started another card. I started a card too--though we've agreed that he'll likely finish TWO more cards before I finish my one! So here he is drinking his last of the 100, and the other picture shows you the name of it. It wasn't entirely on purpose, but the last time we were there, when he only had eight left, he saw that was one of his choices and decided it needed to be #100. and I can't say I blame him.

you already know that I went to try and buy the camera on Saturday, but what you don't know is that it's officially mine! I paid for it on Sunday afternoon after I got my "plumbing emergency" supplies (which, by the way, has been taken care of. nothing drano and a plunger couldn't fix). I also got a flash and a few other little things. My camera should arrive later this week. There's one bummer though--the other canon lenses I have aren't going to fit, I don't think. Or at least my new lens doesn't fit that camera body. It's a bit of a bummer, but it'll be okay. I will get a telephoto lens some day, and until then, I'm sure I'll be happy with what I've got. :)

sunday there was a little kd party, with good snacks, pleasant company and fun activities. I made two cards but was too tired to make the sack of chocolates for valentines. the one in this picture wasn't what she "wanted" us to make, but both cards were birthday cards and I like flowers better than balloons, so I improvised. :) I went home to nap, and then met Matt at the mall--we each needed to go to one store, and figured we'd then have dinner together.

*begin skin-care tangent*
and can I tell you, this stuff from origins is worth every single penny. I have been using it twice a week for, what, three weeks now, and it has made a huge difference. I use it like you do it you have "sensitive skin" but it works for all skin types.

also, for those of you who don't know, I had thick, disgusting, painful thirteen-year-old-boy-acne from when I was ten (when people would call me "pizza face" and say "look out for mount st. carrie, she's gonna blow!") until I was, oh, sixteen or seventeen, when I went on accutane for a bit. though it was a low dose I had to sign an agreement to abort if I became pregnant (just a formality since I wasn't having sex, but still), and the summer after high school, when I was 18, a woman who came through my line at stein mart told me what beautiful skin I had and kind of made my life.

anyway, the benefits of accutane eventually go away, and you can take it a second time and it's said you're good for life, but it's risky--especially considering that now all I have is very sensitive, very oily skin, large pores and the occasional breakout. like seriously sometimes I've looked at my face and thought "when did I get little freckles on my nose? oooooooh. " so for the past two years i've been trying prescription stuff, most of which is $70 a pop plus the $35 office visit, and it just hasn't cut the mustard. anyway, decided to try origins. and this stuff alone is the cost of an office visit, and I've loved this stuff since Claire Danes said she used it in a magazine.

long story short, I bought this modern friction stuff after my trial run since it's done so awesome the past three weeks, and I'm trying two other face products to see if they cause improvement, too. but I am STOKED because this stuff is cheaper than prescription stuff AND it's working AND it doesn't expire after two months like quite a few of the acne prescription products do. yay!

*end skin-care tangent*

I want it to be time to go home. And I don't know that I'm going to feel up to going to my church meeting tonight, where we'll discuss the plans for our new church building, but I really really wanna go. we shall see.

also, I may be re-opening the possibilities for grad school. NC State has environmental engineering as a separate degree (it's still not something you can do online though unless you want the masters of engineering instead of masters of science, which I don't). but anyway, there are one, two, three different options. unfortch this is under the civil engineering umbrella, not chemical engineering, so I need to place some phone calls or send some emails and find out how much "catch up" I'd need to do...but it's got me thinking.

2 comments:

brooke knight said...

i very much enjoy your skin-care rant! i have my own serious facial issues and am happy to hear that there are some good products out there...might have to try it!

Corrie said...

I did the Accutane mess in high school too and then once again after college. It is completely false-o that after the 2nd round your skin care troubles are over! Darnit! I used Origins for a while too. Now I've gone and thrown pregnancy hormones into the mix! Sigh!

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio