Monday, December 03, 2007

someone from tulsa loves me and all I got was this stupid tshirt

-erin d. f.

I have like five minutes to type this, let's see how far I get...type this AND eat my yogurt--and breyers is officially on my sh*t list--they have this whole "now only 80 calories" thing going on--but they CHANGED the size of their yogurt. smart advertising, but bad for business.

also, I took a surprisingly small number of pictures this weekend--all of inanimate objects. weird.

oh, and? I may just have to start doling out pepto bismol to you readers, sorry...

so, I'm officially part of a think tank. friday I went out with olivia, adam, chelsea and amos. dinner at the mellow mushroom followed by drinks and pool at Tyler's. we talked about all sorts of crazy things and had a WONDERFUL time. I'd tell you our awesome ideas, but you aren't a part of the think tank, I'm sorry. I will tell you that I was elected president, impeached, re-elected and then became co-president in the matter of an hour. :)

crap. time to go. I shall finish later.

okay, so yeah. where was I...

so, around midnight we went home, watched half of sweet home alabama (up until the mock-reporter comes to tour the carmichael mansion and interview melanie) and went to bed.

and in the morning, since my computer was upstairs, I wasn't allowed to get out of bed until I listened to this song. awwwwwwwwwwww.

we went to the ale house to watch the TU game, and a total of five alums came--another chemical engineer ('98), a mechanical engineer ('94) and a couple--the man is a lawyer and the woman is a methodist preacher ('60-something-or-other). It was really fun! The MechE brought his son, Kai, as well. AND?!? The woman who is a pastor? Well, when she went to TU she was one of the four freshman class officers--and they're the ones who started the idea of using the hurricane flags for our school spirit stuff as well! Cool, huh?!?

after watching the loss (and can anybody tell me why they took that touchdown back? we didn't get the sound...was it that there were too many men on the field?) we went shopping for tacky sweaters, but were unable to find ones to our liking. well, except one. y'see, we want ones where the tacky design is actually woven into the sweater. and we have now checked, let's see...kmart, target, stein mart, goody's, macy's and goodwill. and the only one we found was this one--which costs $265. perhaps you like that sweater, but we think it's tacky!

after we saw this beee-you-tih-ful sunset, we went to dick's sporting goods to look at wrestling stuff for matt's team and ski stuff for our trip, and then went home and took a nap. we were SO tired. but an hour and a half later we got up, got ready and were on our way to sushi and chapel hill for bub o'malley's christmas party.

it kinda was awful though--I mean, we had fun with jones and christy, but by the time I was tired again it was around 230, and we were three quarters of the way through sweet home alabama. man, I love that movie!

so the late bedtime was made worse by my early sunday morning--I'd agreed to go to the new sunday school class. and after that and church I had lunch with jessica from brixx and searched and searched for a copy of the ultimate gift, which thankfully I found. (though not at the $30 barnes and noble price! thank goodness!) and then there was youth (where we watched said movie) and some recipe-thinking-up, and then a quick trip to the grocery store, and bed.

and I am still tired, just fyi. I never really made up that sleep from saturday night.

oh AND, I'm super excited about this--my tomatoes are ripening! I'm going to take out the red ones and put another banana in the box, but I'm pretty excited about the whole thing! I had almost forgotten about them (it's been a while) but it's a good thing I did! oh, and some interesting links for you---the 20 worst foods in america (some surprised me!) and they found a dinosaur with its skin and all!

also, I've made a little update to my photo website (and plan on making a few more)--now you can see all the pictures of flowers next to one another. just click on the one you like and you'll go to the correct page. check it out!

1 comments:

melissa said...

i love that you make the most of your free time. you're an inspiration to us all. : )

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio