Thursday, December 13, 2007

drown out the bullsh*t on the fm radio.

~apples in stereo

I keep singing little phrases from our cantata that make NO sense out of context. Like "I am not afraid." and "I believe." and "Come and Worship."And I get to sing that a flat again. And I like it. :)

so, I must've been even more worked up yesterday than I realized--both from my disaster of a day (odi et amo, email, odi et amo) and from being nervous about giving blood, because my pulse would not slow down!

yeah, that's right, I couldn't give blood because my pulse was too high. wtf? I'm going to monitor it regularly for a while--today it's been around 80--but seriously, huh?

good news:

1. gobi has gained some weight. michelle's cat, miles, has been eating this stuff short term for some urinary tract problems, and gobi LOVES it. I've emailed the vet to see if it's safe, but overall it has improved his demeanor and increased his weight, so I can't complain! he has been EXTRA cuddly the past few nights, and has done more of his reaching out one paw and placing it on me. last night it was my shoulder, and it is sooooooo cute!

2. I found out that I can eat garlic--just a little--leading up to my surgery. I don't have to avoid it completely, just make sure not to eat a whole lot of it. thank goodness!

3. my gorillapod arrived! I'm looking forward to, per matt's suggestions, shoving a ski in the snow and wrapping the camera and gorillapod around it to take a picture. yay!

4. tonight is my last unplanned/unoccupied night for a while, which sounds like it maybe shouldn't fall under "good news" but it DOES! I have three parties to go to, a double date, a hockey game and all sorts of stuff inbetween. And I might get to go meet little Davis! Yay!

5. I got the funniest email today. So funny I laughed out loud, teared up and ABSOLUTELY MUST share it. can you guess which of my girlfriends it is from?

"whud up homeslice c dog
yo 8 is fine wit me yo.
saladz rock! i'll be at the pizza p to the a to the r to the t to the y yo. j dogs got ta work yo - someone's gotta pimp them hoz"

tomorrow I'll tell you what I do in the labbity lab. because if I type it all out now spray drying will last faaaaaaaaaar longer than I'm okay with. but yeah, get ready, it's amazing. ;) perhaps I should just let you have the bill nye illusion.

1 comments:

melissa said...

DUDE. if you're really like bill nye i want an autograph! and thanks for the comment about my hair... i got five inches lobbed off about a month ago and i'm JUST NOW getting used to it. you did the same thing, yes? it takes a while, that's for sure. : )

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio