Wednesday, December 12, 2007

we can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.

-albert einstein.

by the way, the backup title was "science is a wonderful thing if one does not have to earn one's living at it."

there are a lot of quotes here.

yesterday matt and I finally finished our brixx thing. AND we got our last free pizza. did I mention how much I love free/reduced price things? this picture is terrible, but it's of us having rootbeers. that's what we chose as our finishing drink. :)

I realized last night that because of my surgery I won't really get to play on my company football team. I'll just have to be a super spectator! We talked about how I'll likely do the jerseys if we do them at all, and how instead of "Care" or "Tulsa," which I'd considered, I think I'm going to be "MoFoFoSho." Okay, not really. but maybe...ha!

other things:
1. I worked out yesterday. Like, for real. I don't usually do this. I told myself I could work out for 20 minutes or clean for 20 minutes. The choice was obvious.
2. Tonight I am going to try to give blood. I figure they'll tell me my iron is low. I hope I do not faint. I'm not good with needles, but since it's at my church, and since I'll be hanging out there for at least three hours after, I think it'll be okay. I'm trying not to think about it too much. But I've been thinking about how I want to try again for a long long time.
3. I got to talk to Tonya last night. She is so much fun. Y'all would LOVE her. It is also nice because her George and my Matt are not entirely unalike, so we understand...
4. I want to sit on my couch and do nothing. desperately. I also (still) want to paint.
5. if it's yellow, let it mellow. olivia's blog said this yesterday, it cracked me up. but really, peeps, if you're in a drought, help out!
6. I almost made the lab explode yesterday, or that's what it seemed like. I made a bubbly frothy mess. Which I then got to clean. Seriously, it was like surges of messy icky black bubbles. gross.
7. this new showerhead is SO worth it. Matt made me promise that this AM, as I got out of the shower, I'd say "Let's Do This!" (y'know, after let's do this, I'm a cashew?) so today, I did. :)

anyhoo. time to go co-precipitate. I hope you peeps in OK get power soon. The weather we're having here is SO different, and bad in a totally different way. I've been thinking of you...

2 comments:

Turner said...

You always have the best titles. I try to produce mine up to your standards, but they never seem to have the magic that yours do.

melissa said...

so, about the lab... are you like bill nye or what? i'm kind of jealous if that's your job. : )

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio