Friday, December 14, 2007

thursday's child works hard for a living.

or has far to go, depending who you ask. either way, it's still kind of me. but isn't it kind of y'know, mostly everyone?

right.

anyhoo, what I do for a living is becoming less interesting and more annoying by the minute mostly because it's 6pm and I'm still at work on a friday.

bah. humbug.

today I have a blister on the inside of my left thumb from swinging a mallet, a sore spot on the top of my head from the sash of the hood, stains on my jeans from the solution I'm filtering and stains on my shirt from the catalyst I spray dried.

and that's all in a day's work.

essentially, I work in energy research. specifically the fuel part of energy (as opposed to, say the energy that runs to your home (or not if you're jackie!) or solar energy or whatever). and the projects I've spent the majority of my time on are related to the production and purification of hydrogen.

let me assure you it is WAY less sexy than it sounds.

basically I'm a glorified chemist. I make solutions, co-precipitate, plate things, analyze them and sometimes I run reactors. I could get more specific, but 1)I don't know what I'm allowed to say and 2)I don't want to be google-able.

but that's the gist.

also, last night over dinner matt and I made a new rule. it doesn't have a name yet, but I bet it will. somehow the whole which-celebrities-can-I-make-out-with convo came up.

the rules are as follows:
1. there can only be three. total. ever.
2. you can only fool around with them once.
3. the three can change, but after the kissing there's no going back--you are down to two, or one. or whatever.
4. there is no fight club.

it was quite the funny convo to have, let me tell you. especially because it started out about cougars. and celebrity cougars. we decided we each needed to come up with an older person--I'm not sure if I'm allowed to tell you who his would be, but mine was Harrison Ford. :)

okay, time to get cracking. we've a busy weekend ahead! and I'm going to get to meet little baby davis who turns ten days old tomorrow, and I'm SO excited!

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio