Thursday, May 03, 2007

corners of my home accessories

yeah, it's a day early. or like almost three weeks late. whatev.

so. first off, I was wrong. exactly one picture was taken on tuesday (thanks, kim!) this is when michael and I played rock, paper, scissors for paying his bar tab. I told him I was buying them dinner, but he doth protest too much. I won. We only threw twice since I won both times. :) by the way? read that little article to the end, you won't be sorry.

also, sorry to remind you of the title, but we learned what happened this day. see the label? yeaaaah. guess what brilliant girls added tequila? yikes.

okay, so onto--well, I'm still calling it comh, 'cause otherwise it's coma. and while I might bore you enough to make you feel like you're in one...let's not drop hints, k?

thing one: see this pretty keychain? a girl named megan gave it to me my senior year of college after I tutored her in high school chemistry. she was really cool and quite smart. she actually came to like chemistry a whole whole lot more and her grade improved A LOT. (pats self on back) but there's another reason I like it, too. so, I attribute my love o' science to my third, fourth and fifth grade science teacher, ms. vincent. because of her I got to go to this science camp at TU (which was run by a man who later was my pchem professor) and she basically was AWESOME and instilled a whole lot of confidence in me. and yes, I've thanked her. but the other part is that she is the one who hooked me up with this rocktastic tutoring job. (which paid more per hour than I'm making NOW). We'd kept in touch since Harvo had gone to Eliot too, and basically this little keychain reminds me of all this mushy stuff, and why-i-heart-science stuff, etc.

thing two: this purse. a few weeks ago my choir-friend lucinda (whose family I celebrated easter with) brought this cool purse to choir. it's sorta like this, but very different. she said her friend made it. I went to the Farmer's Market (and the durham art walk) to look at the purses but didn't love any. The lady, Becky, let me pick out my own fabric two weeks ago at Hancock's Fabric in Raleigh. Apparently she was worried the patterns would be too busy, and also that I wouldn't like it. Last night at choir I got the purse. I had to pry it out of Challie's (Lucinda's daughter's) hand. and I LUUURRRRRRVE it. It's even more wonderful than I ever imagined. YAAAAAY! It will be perfect for the summer. Perfect, perfect.

Also, I told Lucinda how someone told me I'd been "Sullivanized" because I knew all about Star, NC. And she said something so nice, about how she and her friend who made the purse said how I was a chemical engineer AND a photographer AND cute AND skinny AND creative AND don't you just hate me? But then they agreed that I was nice too, so they couldn't. Made me laugh. Man, oh man am I soooooo glad I am in the choir. Even when I get in trouble with Joe.

Oh, AND. Choir. Yesterday I discovered I can sing an a-flat. might not be a big deal to you, but I was kinda surprised by it. We're doing this descant to a song, and I was singing the melody, and Joe said, "nope. you're young. you sing the descant." I looked at him dubiously, but come to find out, he was right. I can sing it. And here I thought I had to stop at an f.

alright, time to go.
to do:
finish yogurt
check on tube
work on spreadsheet
go have crown delivered (1 down, 2 to go!)
do more work
go to kaydee stuff
watch LOST from last night.

also, tomorrow? spiderman3!

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio