Tuesday, November 27, 2007

"who wouldn't like you? idiots and thieves. idiots and thieves."

~sjg

I don't even remember why he said that. But he did. And I laughed. And so did he. I seem to become infinitely more amusing while talking to Sterling on the phone. Is that weird? Probably. Do I care? Not even a little.

Last night Matt and I were both terribly disappointed in the ending of Heroes. It was AWFUL. And I am superpisseddisappointed that the writers strike is making them cut the season short. [I am making a pouty face as I type about this.]

We also stopped by Marla and Justin's place to bring them a Publix cake--it's their favorite. We brought it back from Georgia. And (surprisingly considering that she looooooves this cake like I love blue bell icecream) she gave us two pieces in a tupperware container. Two pieces that she smushed down, you see. And when I mentioned said smushing she smushed some more--tap tap tap--on the lid, just for good measure.

It trapped icing in the top of the lid. And it was meant just for me. So of course we had to take a picture. And since Matt complains that I usually put dumb-looking pictures of him up, I thought I'd share one of me. Eat your heart out. ;)

ps, that's a vintage KD sweatshirt I've got on--it says KD-KD-KD Spirit on it. My granny gave it to me.

um and...I totally almost lost my cool yesterday.

so, remember how a few weeks ago I went to the doctor and they told me my septum was re-deviated? well, what I didn't tell you about was seeing two doctors--the PA and my actual doctor. And how they recommended two very different courses of action. And how I did what my doctor said, as I've been seeing him for almost three years now. So I'm taking Singulair every night instead of using veramist in the AM, especially since nasal sprays usually make my nose bleed.

So I called the office yesterday about my nose, which incidentally is still bleeding intermittently today, and they called me back at 615. They'd talked to the PA, and she said I could stop using veramist. That was IT. But you see...

1)I'm not using veramist,
2)if I were using veramist and my nose began bleeding like this I would've stopped using it already because that's what every other nasal spray has done, and
3)where are your records, people? I said in the appointment "I will start with Singulair because it's what you recommend." And I heard the nurse typing after I said that.

GAH.

So I'm annoyed, right? I call the doctor's office and the nice lady from the answering service says I can either speak to a doctor if it's an emergency or I can call back in the AM and leave a message. GGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRr. And since this clearly isn't an emergency, as I am not gushing blood, my option is clear.

There was a funny part though--I had to go to target, so I went to ask the pharmacist what else I could do. When I gave him the litany of my sinus care (the humidifier at night, neilmed sinus rinse in the morning, ocean nasal spray during the day, aquaphor on the outside and edges of my nose--oh and I drink plenty of water) the man just kind of looked at me wide-eyed. And then said "You're very thorough." And said he wished he could offer me another suggestion, but really all he could say were little things, and it sounded like I was doing all the big ones.

Solution: I will request that I no longer see the PA. She was nice enough and informative enough, but I'm used to my doctor and I really really don't want to deal with stuff like this anymore. I don't have the time, and honestly my nose is too messed up right now for me to be patient, if that makes sense. Additionally, I verified that my appointments were, indeed, with my doctor, and I emailed the nurses (instead of calling and leaving a message) detailing my situation and asking what I should do about my still-bleeding nose. yeesh.

and on a funny note--last night sterling and I were trying to come up with a word for the the nose that began with an "f." (don't ask.) we ended up with "fo'-sneezal," but in the meantime, I came across this little question on answers.com, and it made me laugh a little. do enjoy.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG!! I LOVE PUBLIX CAKE!! It's what we had for our wedding cake. And the subs! Dear Lord, they ROCK!! I actually sent a letter to Publix when we moved to NC to request they have stores here. I LOVE THEM!!!

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio