Tuesday, November 20, 2007

pies and lists and thanksgiving, oh my!

this made me giggle. oh, natalie dee. she has a whole thanksgiving theme going right now.

so, last night we made pies. lots and lots of pies. okay, well more or less we made four crusts and four fillings and I made three full pies, but whatever.

and I DID NOT WATCH HEROES SO PLEASE DON'T TELL ME ABOUT IT! Matt and I are watching it tonight. Unfortch we aren't going to make it to the interfaith service that I loved so much last year 'cause it's at 7pm and half an hour from my home, as it turns out, but instead I will be making mexican casseroles, packing for augusta and cleaning up. I don't even anticipate leaving work until 600 or 630, anyway. and I also need to deliver a pie to the sullivans. it's a surprise, hope they like it! so much to do, so little time!

overall, I think that pie making last night was a huge success! marla, kara, lara and chelsea all came over (all the people who mentioned an interest in learning how to make it) and lara, marla, kara and I may start a monthly learn-a-recipe endeavor. we'll see how it all pans out, pun intended. ;)

now I have a learn-a-recipe thing AND clean club (which we really really need to do!) I'm excited!

other fun/ interesting/random things:
1. my friend tonya started a blog. check her out on the sidebar.

2. today is my friday. yeehaw!

3. I started an engagement picture blog. Yesterday I was encouraged to try taking wedding or engagement photos, and I know of a couple who want me to take photos of their infant, too. So, over the next, say, month or so, if you and your significant other want me to take some pictures of you for free, I'm game. I need some "examples" to post on my new site--and here are some of the pictures of marla and justin. I have no intention of doing wedding photos (unless it is for a friend) because it's waaaay too much pressure. But engagement photos? You betcha. And once I have a few more examples I'll put up prices and put my link on theknot.

4. I need to update my photos on my photo blog. How has it been since June?!? And if you need Christmas presents for people, please consider taking a gander at my photos.

5. check out the list on jackie's blog. I do believe I'll be sending some shoes their way. I still haven't taken my stuff to goodwill, but I might mail them in instead of taking them there...

6. I need to pack for this weekend and I'm not totally sure what to bring. This should be an interesting process. Hmm.

7. Tomorrow I take my do-I-have-small-bowel-bacterial-overload test. It means I won't be eating for a total of fifteen hours. I pity the man who has to hang out with me while I go that long without food. As either of my brothers or a good number of my friends have realized, if Carrie is grouchy you should feed her. She will be much more reasonable after she eats. Unfortunately, eating isn't an option tomorrow, or won't be until, oh, 2 or 3? I've already apologized in advance like ten times, because I can't make any promises about my behavior. seriously, I get to not eat for 12 hours, drink this liquid (which should taste better than the barium at least) and then blow into a bag with a tube attached every 20 minutes for three hours. what could be better?!? If traffic is at a standstill, maybe I'll make Matt take a picture. Ha!

oh and: in the spirit of last year's message, I don't want to write a long list of things I'm thankful for, because really I know I should be thankful for every single little thing including the keyboard I'm typing on and the breath I just took. but I will say this--this year amongst all of the things I'm lucky for, and all of the wonderful people, and everything, I'm glad for a) my ability to give back this year and b) that I'm a lot more confident in going with my gut, and in taking action in relationships that require it. In both cases? It feels really good, I've gotta say.

anyhoodle. time for lunch. and then I'm going to go talk to potential mentors. It feels very recruitment-all-over-again, 'cause I have to go meet them and then list my top three choices for mentors. weird, weird, weird.

2 comments:

a mouthy irish woman? ridiculous! said...

have a WONDERFUL holiday!!!

Ariel and Chris said...

sounds fun to make all those pies together!

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio