Monday, November 19, 2007

"if we finish five bottles of wine, I'm not going home, I'm going to the betty ford clinic!"

-mary alise

what a whirlwind of a weekend. and I'm writing this during my whirlwind of a lunch. I'd be having trouble with motivation, except I have to go to a 3pm meeting, and I have to learn how to spray-dry, and if I don't do it beforehand then I have to do it tomorrow, and since I'm taking wednesday off, staying to spray dry would suuuuuck.

so, I'm going at light speed. or, um, warp speed. man, is there anyway to describe going reallyreally fast that isn't nerdy?

friday night after I took matt to the airport, marla and I had some birthday sushi--celebrating my birthday, oklahoma's birthday, us knowing each other for a year, you name it! we talked and ate and watched grey's anatomy from thursday, only talked about weddings for as long as it took for her to describe her dress since it was a no-wedding-talk-night and chilled in our sweatshirts and jeans and tennies. quite relaxing, I really really needed that.

saturday I did not have a breakfast burrito or go shopping for long johns, contrary to what I intended. there was nary an egg in the house (there are now something like 30) and I decided that going to the mall wasn't a fun idea. instead I vegged until 1130, cleaned for a bit and then went and got a massage. which really made my jaw stop hurting, so I am pleased I did it.

and I kept seeing these AMAZING trees--I really really really want to paint. It might not be til next week though, not unless I want to take my paints to augusta--and that sounds involved!

that night, once Mary Alise arrived, Kara, Marla, Beth, Mary Alise and I met up at the 42nd Street Oyster Bar. Man, I can't believe they let you dip those hushpuppies in butter--sooooo good, and sooooo bad for you.

and it's funny how that lemonade turns out when someone give you lemons. someone kinda broke my crayons, but it turned out better than I could've anticipated, take my word for it. anyway, we really had a fun time--at dinner and going to my house to play apples to apples afterwards. (seriously, you need to check this game out--I LOVE it!) and since one of the cards was "black socks" mary alise and I had to sing the song--join in, people! especially you, tonya! and watch my head go craaaazy with the bouncing!



and then it was bedtime. well, time to get in bed, anyway. much like sleepovers of yore, mary alise and I stayed awake talking and talking and talking. I have no idea when we went to bed. I just know I was glad I got to go back to sleep after the first time I woke up--845, when I heard Gobi meowing and meowing because I'd accidentally shut him in the closet!!!

and yesterday...well for starters, it was a baaad stomach day. my first in a long time. :( but the pepto helped so I can't complain too much.

I picked up matt from the airport, we hung out a bit, I tried to take a nap and then I went to take pictures of marla and justin. I need to get the okay from her before I post any, but they're pretty cute. check for updates. :)

and then I went to the grocery store to get stuff for the pie baking fun tonight, made chicken with paprika sauce and watched the end of Mr. Brooks with Matt--it's actually a pretty decent movie. Oh, and eps 2 and 3 of heroes--I didn't realize just how often we saw that symbol at the beginning--I mean, when Parkman goes to find Molly Walker, it's even in the pool at her home! I want to see the unaired pilot, but you can't watch that one online, so I guess I'll be renting it!

um, okay, back to working quick like a bunny, lickety split, etc.

3 comments:

Corrie said...

2 things...
1. apples to apples is one of the best games ever invented! love that game!! did you know creamed corn was cute?
2. i totally know that song. in the 'texas version' i learned, we say the longer you wear them the STRONGER they get. i did sing along with you guys!

Tonya said...

I hate to admit it, but I have never heard that song before in my LIFE! It really looks like fun, though!

Please tell my folks-in-law that I said hello when you see them later this week. :)

Ariel and Chris said...

I never knew it was a song - I just thought it was the truth.

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio