Friday, September 14, 2007

i'm addicted to you, don't you know that you're toxic?

~ms. britney spears (aka, trainwreck)

(and yes, this is the second time I've quoted this song as a title, but considering that we might actually PLAY this song next week to freak out the diamondbacks, I felt it was appropriate. deal.)

so, I feel like I get up, go to work, play softball, go home and sleep, get up, go to work, play softball. seriously, people, three games this week. and yesterday's was the penultimate. well, sort of. technically we'll be playing twice next week, but it's the same team, and we've gotta beat them both times since it's double elimination.

but we will, oh yes, we will.

by the way, incase you couldn't tell, we won yesterday. a screaming 19-11 victory, but quite the game! after two innings we were up 7-0, we let them score 7 runs to tie it, then we got ten or so runs in one inning--amazing! I even got to score! I *almost* scored twice, but the second hit was a weak one to the pitcher, who ran to tag me. Yikes!

my favorite part of the game (other than the winning and the going to amante's afterwards, of course!) was the following course of events.

I was up to bat and we had one out. I took the first pitch, per usual, and it was a strike, followed by a ball. The next pitch was another strike, which I swung at and fouled out to the bleachers of our team. The next was a ball, as was the one after that, and the one after that I fouled again. So now we're left with three balls and two strikes since you get a courtesy foul--the fullest count you can have. And Eagle-Eye-Tulsa over here (better known as the Tulsa Terror, Tulsa Tornado, Tulsa and Carrie) saw that last ball and merrily walked her way to first base. :)

and then, as I gave Nick my batting gloves (because I hate running the bases with them on if I can avoid it) I said "I can't believe I hit two fouls--I haven't hit a foul the entire season!" To which Nick responded "and you almost killed two people in the process."

it made me giggle.

and I liked it. Speaking of things I like--the other members of my team are such cool people, and that's fun too!

so, bummer alert coming up: all of my effort selecting pictures may have gone to waste (pun from my softball team's name not intended). winkflash still hasn't gotten my photos to me. I made backups and I'll show you which ones they are if I end up submitting them. Photos are due at 2pm, so at 1pm, once the mail should've arrived, I'm going to run home, check the mail, mount the photos if they're there and scurry back to submit them. And if they aren't there, I'll turn in the backups. The only real disappointment about this is that instead of turning in 5 8x10s I'll have to turn in one 8x10, three 5x7s and a 4x6, which just makes the photos have less impact. Oh well though, it'll be okay.

happy friday. or fryday, as I've come to think of it sometimes!

2 comments:

melissa said...

oh britney spears. toxic was my ringtone for an ex-boyfriend for a long time. : )

SJ said...

'Toxic' is one of the best pop tracks in the last 20 years.

Seriously.

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio