Thursday, May 24, 2007

and i love what you do don't you know that you're toxic

~ms. britney spears

dude, my work softball team rules. i heart softball. HEART. we're now 2-0, and even if we lose every other game this season we're still gonna tie our record from last year. right now we're top o' the league.

and and and? i got TWO good hits. one of 'em good enough that the sh*t-talking pitcher (who i heart and who played on our team last year) said "good lord, girl, when'd you learn to hit?!?"

:D

ps? our team name is toxic waste. hence the lyrics. :)

afterwards we enjoyed beer and mexican food. mmmmm beer. mmmmmm-m-m-mexican! yay!

and then I did the unthinkable.
okay, well not quite yet.

so, I went home, changed into pants and drove to visit sampson, the wonderful kitty of the wonderful mary alise. i talked talked talked on the phone all the way there, while there and all the way back. and then, goodness gracious...

i chose to talk on the phone instead of watch the season finale of lost.

yes, really.

between the cleaning and the not watching LOST I really think I might need to have my head checked. I'm not sure what I think they'd find, but it all seems a bit weird to me.

riiiiiiiiiight.

anyhoodle, I'll watch it this weekend. not tonight. not tomorrow.

oh and. the bitchy mood and hormotionalism seems to have leveled out, thank the good lord in heaven. doing well in softball helped with that. and too, i felt pretty darn neato that people in five states commented or emailed me to say something about how icks it is when you're like this, or that they are a boy and don't get it but they're sorry to hear it.

thanks, y'all.

to end, one of my fave quotes from Sue Monk Kidd's The Secret Life of Bees "I realized it for the first time in my life: there is nothing but mystery in the world, how it hides behind the fabric of our poor, browbeat days, shining brightly, and we don't even know it."

and thanks, 'stina, for the idea of putting what book I'm reading on my blog.

anybody wanna help me visit states? (that's on the right now, too!)

ps-I wanna be a polymath. can I say I'm a polymath? if not, how does one become a polymath? what a damn cool word. polymath.

3 comments:

Turner said...

Carrie, as the only woman who I consider my witty-equal, I hereby grant you permission to call yourself a polymath if that makes you feel all warm and nerdy inside.

Consider yourself Poly-ed

Jessie ᏤᏏ said...

I'm going to be in Durham from Friday to Tuesday...I love (what I've seen of) that town. And am kind of jealous of your place of residence.

Anonymous said...

How could you cheat on LOST with the telephone?????


I mean, it was only THE MOST PIVOTAL episode to date...

But, I guess you missed it :(

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio