Thursday, September 13, 2007

when it all when it all when it all when it all gives way you persuade me that I had the whole thing wrong all along.

~hail social

i'll take aggravated for two hundred, alex.

so, I woke up early this morning.
I needed to email my boyfriend our upcoming obligations (seriously people, he is no good with remembering dates, and he's very honest about it, so I feel okay telling you this) and I needed to do a few other things before I went to the doctor.
At 850 I got in my car to get to my doctor's office at 915, fifteen minutes before my appointment--the sooner I began drinking, the sooner I got to leave, right? gah.

so, the machines were d-o-w-n down. and I found out when I was five minutes from the office. and I almost chewed out the lady on the phone--but I did make a point of telling her that I knew it wasn't her fault. and then, of course, I had a nice reality check when she told me that they found out it wasn't working AFTER they'd prepped their first patient of the day for his barium enema.

say it with me people: ew!

and they don't have open appointments for TWO weeks. icks. I am not a happy carrie, no no no.

also, my dryer is going to go the great big appliance store in the sky...which is a hassle, but whatever. it seems that the heating element is dead and the cord that rotates the drum is shot too--but hey, I figure this piece is AT LEAST twenty years old, maybe more.

now happy things:
-playoff game tonight, I'm PUMPED!
-tomorrow evening will be fun fun fun
-I get my hair trimmed on saturday
-and then I'll maybe go to matt's game with marla (her fiance justin is playing on the same team!)
-and then PAR-TAY in Charlotte.

the other thing that could make my day awesome? If my photos arrive in the mail today. we shall see, hmmm?

Oh, and. Today is the birthday of one of my very favorite authors--Mr. Roald Dahl. I loved this particular book so very much that I named my car after it. Oh, and The Wonderful Story of Henry Sugar, The BFG, The Witches, James and the Giant Peach, Esio Trot, Danny: The Champion of the World...oh, Roald Dahl rules. I know that J K Rowling gets mad recognition for her whole getting-kids-to-read thing, and she totally deserves it, but I feel like books by Roald Dahl did it first. I remember for, what, like my eleventh birthday my granny and granddad arranged with the man who owned the bookstore on brookside--which is now The Brook, something Myers?, for me to be able to go every month and spend twenty dollars on books. That might've been the best present I've ever gotten. :)

So, in the spirit of remembering--what was your fave Roald Dahl book, hmmm?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hands down, Matilda.

The Writer said...

Jake had a barium scan too. (This was because he ate his leash.)

Hope you're feeling better!

Got the TU postcard. Thanks!!! How fun.

I'll email soon. I promise.

:)

Reddiekim said...

LOVE! James and the Giant Peach!!

Honestly, The Witches gave me nightmares -- for weeks! I had a very vivid imagination as a child. The illustrator is kind of eerie.

katandkarl said...

you have inspired me to go check some out at the lib - i love rereading classics!

and my parents gave me a "scholastic book" allowance - i was allowed two books per order form. (but i guess the books were not quite the $30 HP rate yet!)

Unknown said...

Matilda! That is still one of my all time favorite books.

SJ said...

Be ready to be upset:

I've never read a Roald Dahl book.

I know, I know. Hate me.

Ariel and Chris said...

Matilda, The Witches, Boy, BFG... I liked them all except for James and the Giant Peach. I don't really like peaches, and even less if they are very giant.

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio