Monday, September 17, 2007

happy new year!

no, seriously.

so, friday was a fun evening--one that lasted a looooong time, but quite fun. I have decided that I'm def not a fan of playing asshole into the wee hours of the morning. but it was fun to see the show at local 506 (I soooo don't remember the band's name...someone at the country boys? corn boys? something?) and it was nice to meet matt's "imaginary" teacher friend lance and for lance to meet matt's "fictitious" girlfriend.

saturday was busy busy busy

haircut-check
lunch with marla-check
watching matt and justin's (marla's fiance) soccer game-check
shower after game-check
fashion show for evening dresses 'cause I didn't know what to wear-check
drive to charlotte-check
party party party-check
four games of beer pong for me, at least ten for matt-check
moonshine soaked maraschino cherries-check
toast at midnight-check

the party was for kara (in the red in the middle with the blonde hair) who's had a hell of a year (she was diagnosed with leukemia this time last year) and kind of wanted to have a turn-over-a-new-leaf party. it was very fun, except for the sleeping part. the air mattress was GIGANTIC--deeper than my mattress and box springs together--and when I got into bed I was so cold my teeth were chattering!!!

we also watched this very cool video on you tube--if you like dancing, you'll enjoy it, methinks.

the cute ladies with the happy new year headgear!


here's matt and me all dressed up.


my beer pong partner in crime (well, for one game) laura, who is matt's partner's twin sister, and also a kaydee. we had fun gossiping. and maybe had one too many cherry. :)



matt and taylor. ps, I am SO being mocked in this picture.


unfortunately we were unable to locate a place that sold bluebell--when we left at 730 in the morning so matt could be back for his soccer game (did I mention we went to bed at 330 and I actually wore my pajamas out in public I was so tired?)

fortunately we'll be going to georgia the last weekend of this month, so we can get some for me then. whew!

and then yesterday after my four hour nap, errands and youth group kim and I went to Olive Garden. Who has discontinued my favorite entree--chicken giardino. I am bummed.

two last things.
1. my pictures never showed up. I'll be calling winkflash to complain. I don't feel extra confident about my pictures I entered, but we'll see. and here's what I ended up with--more than anything I'm just bummed 'cause the one of the shadows is a 4x6 and everything else is a 5x7 except the daisies--


2. to end on a fabulously happy note--today is six months for matt and me. yay! :D he is such a sweetheart--he brought a blanket and umbrella to the game for me and marla to use (though we got there too late and he was on the field so he couldn't tell us), he always does nice things for me and he is so much fun! we're getting together tonight, but we're actually celebrating on friday and I seriously can't wait to show y'all the gift I made for him.

3 comments:

Jax said...

HAPPY SIX MONTHS, LOVELY! :)

melissa said...

what a good idea for a party. i hope your friend is getting better, and congrats on the milestone. : )

Anonymous said...

Ooooh... I'm definitely curious about the gift you made Matt! You are a creative genius, my dear, and I plan on stealing creative ideas from you for a long time! Hee hee hee ;)

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio