Friday, May 18, 2007

for old time's sake. and owies. and a cleaning monster! and comh.

yesterday we were a wee bit of bad kaydees. it wasn't on purpose, it just worked out that way. we kinda had our own little get-together than conflicted with a kaydee thing. the bad part is that it was a bunch of kaydees. but really? it's just the ONLY time for sure when we could do it and have everyone there since mary alise left for hawaii today and amy moves soon. I kinda feel a little bad about it, except I also know that sometimes things like this just happen and you've gotta roll with them.

y'see, amy, kara, mary alise, misty and i used to meet regularly for happy hours. marla and kara have been integrated. but really any lady is welcome, to be sure. however these are the ones that were there for the discussion about resuming. we all staggered in, but were there by 8! :) and were celebrating all sorts of good things!

i love girl time. and talking and beer and sharing a cigarette even if it's awful and divulging secrets. good stuff.

if you want to come next time email me!

I came home last night and didn't watch Grey's. Instead I talked on the phone. And cleaned. And got in a little fight with my laundry room door. It went a little like this:

chit-chatting on the phone, putting away the rest of the dishes, loading dirty ones in, blahblah blah-ity-blah. went and sat outside since the reception was better. came in to check movie times (we're seeing shrek the third!). went back out. came in and cleaned some more.

got off phone. listened to messages, returned sterling's call. while talking to sterling, finished mopping the kitchen floor. still on phone, went and put clothes in dryer. had a little trouble making the fold-y door shut (part is off its track) so I pushed really hard. and caught part of my left arm in it. immediately i had an inch-and-a-half long line that was bright red and blue.

it needed ice. ice is in the freezer. the freezer is across the just-mopped and still-wet kitchen floor. i wish i could tell you that i fell and busted my ass 'cause that would be hilarious, but such is not the case. i made it safely to/from the freezer. but boy did my arm hurt!

today it is just a red line. i hope it continues to fade. i tried to take a picture of it but none of 'em came out so good...

this morning I woke up at 6am. like, woke up for reals. wide awake. wide friggin AWAKE!

me.
awake.
at 6am.

and how did I decide to spend my time while waiting on mary alise and michael since they were coming over around 820 to get a ride to the airport? I CLEANED. like, cleaned the sink (ps, barkeepers friend rules), wiped off the cabinets and the front of the oven, ironed my dishtowels and neatly arranged them in the caddy, all before 7am.

thus, my kitchen is my comh for this fine friday. and and and, you get a close-up of my dish towels, cute containers from everything but grannie's panties that hold my measuring spoons and my recipes (and once really freaked me out!) and my kitchen board that I bought for a dollar at Jo-Ann's. I'm sure that it's super helpful--not just 'cause of the hooks, but also 'cause if I ever forget what room I'm in I can see it there! ;)


my closet upstairs may be a real disaster area, and might be a fire hazard if it weren't a closet, but my kitchen? it's as spotless as I can possibly get it! :)

goodness me I'm glad it's friday. for reals.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey!
i got your message from last friday :) that is so random you met jones...what a small world. he is a fun cat. have a great weekend!!
Ashley

care said...

yeah, I'm dating his friend!

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio