Thursday, August 02, 2012

thirty things in august. numero uno.

apparently this is a thing (though I find myself wonderful why it isn't 31...since august has 31 days.)

the first is list 20 random things about yourself. ready?



1. I am an identical, mirror image twin.
2. I loathe mayo. Seriously. I will occasionally eat it if it's in a recipe and I can't actually taste it. but otherwise, ewww.
3. I love buying local. Local food especially.
4. I have always loved to read. Sometimes I find it challenging that Matt does not love to read--but we have learned to agree to disagree on that one. :)
5. I credit this blog and my readers for making me pursue being a professional photographer. It was this post, right here, that set the wheels in motion...that ultimately led me to where I am today!
6. I love my two cats, Gobi and Hazel, a whole whole lot. They make me really happy. However, since adopting them I have learned that I am mildly allergic to cats!
7. My sister, two brothers, mother and I all have different religions. And all speak to one another! My mom considers this one of her greatest achievements.
8. I cannot wait to teach my little girl all sorts of things. We are going to have SO much fun!
9. I joined the church choir when I was in high school. I was told to try singing soprano. We had one particularly high piece that I just couldn't do, so I got moved to alto. I had fun singing alto and learned that I could sing quite low. However, when I was 26 my good friend Kevin informed me that no, I was actually a soprano after all. He was correct. But because I sang alto for so long, I can sing either part (and often learn both when we do Easter/Christmas music so I can fill in as needed)
10. My favorite color changes. I think my friend Mark got it right when he said my favorite color is "spectrum." I'd tell you it's green right now--but I've actually been really drawn to all things orange recently.
11. I sometimes decide to just change things about myself that I don't like, or that I don't think give others a positive impression of who I am. (e.g. deciding when I was 10-ish that I didn't want to have an accent when I realized I was saying "our" and "are" the same way)
12. I have a really ridiculous obsession with pens. I think that I could, quite literally, never buy a pen again, and never buy any pens for any of my future children, and we would STILL have ink left at the end of their lives.
13. I am currently a fruit-a-holic. I eat SO MUCH of it. It's the baby, I tell ya. But I have always loved fruit. My mom tells me that when I was little I was always the happiest when we had a bowl of fruit on our table.
14. I want to have four children. Matt thinks this might make me certifiable. Even though we both come from four-child families.
15. I struggle with providing my opinion without sounding like a know-it-all or sounding condescending. I am not a know-it-all and I don't mean to be condescending, but sometimes it comes out that way. :(
16. I am a very literal person.
17. I love working in colorful spaces. My cube it covered in photos. The middle floor of my house has seven different paint colors (eight if you count the bathroom). I LOVE color.
18. I have a deep appreciation for all things vintage. I think that three of my most-favorite vintage items I have are my china cabinet (the first piece of furniture I've ever lusted after), my blue vase that belonged to Cleona Carrie--after whom my daughter and I are both named, and a vintage tablecloth given to me by Rosemary, which they used at her house growing up.
19. I still have all of my science fair ribbons from when I was a kid. Even from elementary school.
20. I still wish on stars. :)




0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio