Tuesday, May 25, 2010

more organization...this time of the artistic kind...

have you noticed a theme recently? one of organization and sorting and cleaning out? it's a slow process, but we are getting there...


saturday I painted a bird for my friend kara. I have a picture of it, but it's on my other camera. anyway, painting it made me want to paint two more, which I have put up for sale on my etsy, here and here. while I was getting things out I also found some paintings that I had nearly finished before I moved, and that I never managed to complete. so I got those out too.

getting out all my paints and brushes and rummaging for some canvases made me kind of frustrated--y'see, I had two little boxes FULL of paint, and I'd have to DIG to find anything.

so on sunday evening, after the second party I attended that day, we went to target and found this gem. seven 12x12 drawers, each of which is also its own carrying case!


when we got home I sorted out all of my paints into what just happened to be seven piles. and now they are neatly organized by color in the bin!



and here are some of the pretty things I've painted (or finished painting) recently. :) it has been nearly two years since I last broke out my brushes, and it's been a nice change of pace!


1 comments:

Climber Mom said...

wow very impressive paintings! and i sooo love organizer things:)

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio