Friday, March 26, 2010

and I thought I loved you then

~brad paisley

Matt and I are feeling pretty overwhelmed right now. Our wedding is in THREE weeks. in twenty two days and less than an hour, our ceremony will commence. and I absolutely can't wait for it to get here.

our house is littered with boxes and scraps of paper and fabric. I have been sewing and cutting and rolling and who knows what else! though the process is a bit crazy, I really think it'll be worth it. :)

I need a suggestion of what to do for our guest book. I have some ideas, but I know that I want to do something that we can put on a shelf and display and SEE. I have no interest in doing an actual book of any sort--I think they are super cute, but I know that Matt and I will rarely take the time to look through it.

Maybe I will just play around with it this weekend. I was considering painting a flower on a canvas and asking people to sign the petals. (and having my bridesfolk sign beforehand so people would get the idea).

but I don't know....

suggestions?

I am sure I will figure something else.

Our plans for this evening got canceled--which makes me kind of happy, honestly! Though I was looking forward to the double date, I'm also pleased for the down time! AND this weekend is Earth Hour--I haven't gotten to tell you about it like I normally would, but all you have to do to participate in it is this:

tomorrow night, at 830pm, turn off all unnecessary lights. if you're feeling really dedicated, turn off ALL your lights. maybe sit outside. or inside with some candles. maybe just keep watching your movie, but make sure your lights are all off. including the one in the bathroom or on your front porch.

why?

because together we can make a difference.
together we can use less energy and stop using up all of our natural resources.
and together we can make a change for the better.

from their site:

On Earth Hour hundreds of millions of people around the world will come together to call for action on climate change by doing something quite simple—turning off their lights for one hour. The movement symbolizes that by working together, each of us can make a positive impact in this fight, protecting our future and that of future generations. Learn more about how Earth Hour began, what we’ve accomplished, and what is in store for 2010.

check it out.
then tomorrow, turn off your lights.
and make a statement about wanting our world to still be in good shape when our grandchildren and great-grandchildren and great^8-grandchildren are living on it.

4 comments:

The Writer said...

Saw this yesterday thought it was very cool.

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=43507706&ref=cat1_gallery_1

:)

care said...

you know, I saw that and wondered about it. I saw something else similar and then ultimately went to the petal/flower idea. I thought about doing thumbprints for the petals, even! but then I didn't know if people would want to get their hands inky.

what do y'all think, readers oh mine?

melissa said...

for starters, i really love that song. like, REALLY love it. :)

secondly, i have no idea what to do about your guestbook. i literally have no opinion. does that make me useless? :/

thirdsies: HOLY SCHNIKES IT'S ONLY TWENTY TWO DAYS AWAY! AGHHHH!!!! so excited for you both! :) :) :)

The Writer said...

I think that would be fine - just have something to remove it! And I like the petals. You could do a variety of colors too.

:)

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio