Tuesday, February 03, 2009

"the mind is everything. what you think you become."

~buddha

This weekend was...let's go with interesting. Friday night I worked late, late, late. And then we had an out of town visitor from DC coming to have her pictures taken on Saturday--I had only met her twice and that was briefly--she's very nice and I like her, but it was a little like having a stranger in my home. Or maybe a distant cousin. She played pool that night and had some down time while we went out.

Matt and I went to go celebrate J's birthday with "the group." It was nice to see everyone, especially the out-of-towners.I have to say, it was kind of weird to be one of only two girls wearing jeans (the rest were in dresses), but what can I say, I'm a jeans girl. :) We started at the birthday girl's place and moved over to a three-story bar on Glenwood, and on the way Matt and I grabbed some chargrill since we hadn't eaten. It was like a haven for cops! We met up with everyone and got to chit-chat and all. I was definitely among the more sober people there, which can sometimes be a bad thing, but this time wasn't at all. :) Some people were especially chatty, and it was nice to catch up with them and hear what was going on in their lives.

Oh AND I heard something kind of neat from Dave--I was saying how Mike didn't even recognize me in my glasses and Matt had reminded me about how the guys were like "who was that girl in the glasses?!?" when I went to the St. Pat's party nearly two years ago--and how I thought it was funny that that was what I was known for. And Dave said--well, look around--how many girls wearing glasses do you see? (none) You're the only one who has guts enough to do it.

that made me smile.

Sat AM was full of Chapel Hill pictures, and it spilled over into the afternoon too, but I didn't mind--we got some really fun shots and I think she'll be really happy!

And then we hurried and scurried to the house of the wonderful Andersons! Can I just tell you, little Davis is ADORABLE. He gives the best little kid hugs and plays peek a boo like a champ! After he went to bed (way to set that 19 min record, Patty!) we settled in for some adult conversation and some scrumptious fajitas. carne asada. cilantro. guacamole. mmmmm.

oh yeah, and mexican beer!

I have to tell you, though, the best part was just talking. Just sharing our lives and thoughts and opinions. And hearing quotes like the one that's my blog title today "the mind is everything. what you think you become." ~buddha

And I have to say--all of the decisions and conclusions I've come to the past few weeks about who I am and who I want to be and what I want to do and how I want to do it--kind of can be summed up in that nine word quote.

And when I googled to find the exact quote (the end of which is on patty's necklace) I also found this--"Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared."

I think I'll just remember that one too.

And move on with trying to just breathe it all in, release the negativity and to only be me. I'll let you know how it goes.

1 comments:

melissa said...

i've heard before that i look better in glasses. typically i hear this when i am wearing contacts. :(

i have always loved valentine's day... even when i am valentine-less. like i said, inexplicable. maybe it's just part of my holiday-loving fiber. :)

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio