Friday, September 26, 2008

my friend shannon

there is this really neato woman I know, she's funny and bubbly and thoughtful and kind. I've told you about her before. twice. she had brain surgery just a few weeks ago and has been experiencing complication after complication...they removed a tumor but didn't touch the brain lesions, and her body is riddled with cancer.

she is in her thirties and has a fantastic husband and two wonderful adopted sons, Tae and Jakob.

she has been having seizures, which keep getting worse and more frequent, and is now under hospice care and medically there's nothing else they can do for her. they expect her to go into a coma in the next few days, and though there is still hope for her, there's also a need for mercy and comfort. if you wouldn't mind terribly, and if it's your cup of tea, I ask you to pray for Shannon, her husband Tom and their family. For comfort, for healing, for strength, for time, for mercy, for peace. And pray for her little boys, who don't full comprehend what's going on, and who don't know what do to without their mother.

life is full of a range of joy and pain, I just think it's so unfair for someone to endure it for this long.

2 comments:

Jax said...

Wow. Definitely in my prayers. My stupid issues definitely just got put in perspective. I feel for her and her family...

♥Joy♥ said...

Thank you so much, Carrie. I know you don't knowme, but I keep up with your blog quite often because I find you funny, kind, interesting, and intelligent. To read this blog brings back pain of dealing with my own close calls with life, and with those that I have lost that were riddled with this horrible sickness.

I'll definitely keep your friend in my prayers. And you as well.

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio