Friday, September 05, 2008

i live my life on the third floor.

I just commute on the ground. seriously.

I mean, my house is three stories, right? And my bedroom? It's on the third floor. Granted, I spend a few hours on the middle floor cooking, watching TV, etc...but on any given day I usually spend more time upstairs.

My job is on the third floor. I spend A LOT of time here.

and my class? guess what? it's on the third floor too!

I think that's kind of an odd coincidence. I mean, every day I walk down two flights of stairs, go somewhere, go up two flights of stairs and either go to work or class, and if it's class I have another two flights to go down, then drive, then go up. Only to go down two flights, drive home, and eventually go up two more! That's quite a few stairs, people!

The past two nights we have been fortunate enough to open our windows at night. It has been VERY nice. And I'm hoping we'll see the difference in our energy bill. We had fans running to bring in the colder air, but I still think we saved by opening 'em up. And last night I actually got a little cold while I slept and pulled on another blanket, which was nice.

Question though--when we open our window and raise the blind a little the streetlight shines in. Last night I grabbed a pillow and propped it in front of the window to block the light. I'm thinking about just taping a piece of paper up on the window. It's on the back side of the house, third story, three houses in from the curb--think anyone will notice and/or complain to the HOA? My other option is to request that they change the light--my mom did that for our house on 36th street because there was a light across the street at Eliot that would shine DIRECTLY INTO MY FACE while I was sleeping.

yesterday I did something I haven't really done in TEN YEARS. I changed my earring. My little one in my cartilage I've had pierced since I was 17. I changed it to a turquoise post. It is less noticeable, I suppose, but really I just got the urge to try changing it. However, I had to take it out last night to sleep, and I am lazy, so that might get me to put the hoop back in again.

oh, and today I feel like a NERD. I'm wearing my glasses, an old-man-sweater cardigan and have my hair pulled back on the sides. I hardly ever wear cardigans and I certainly don't ever pull my hair back--but today I felt so inclined. nerd nerd nerd. thank goodness my shoes are silver or I'd feel suuuuuper nerdtastic.

and finally, here's a picture I took this morning from my kitchen window. I like it. :)

happy friday, folks. I know I'm glad it's here! this weekend includes a double date, bridal portraits for my friend nicole (weather permitting, which is iffy), a birthday party at the white's and the youth kickoff on sunday. and hopefully some cleaning, heroes episodes, organizing and sleeping!

1 comments:

Ariel Merritt said...

hey... are you guys all wet down there? (right after typing that i realized it could sound bad, but i'm just going to leave it anyway)

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio