Thursday, August 07, 2008

visible tattoo.

today I am wearing a pink skirt that I purchased my freshman year of college. I weighed 30+ fewer pounds then, BUT it still fits. It's just a little more snug.

I am also wearing a white shirt and silver strappy sandals. I look cute! But I realized that today I'm doing something I've never done before at work--I'm letting my tattoo on my foot be visible.

I mean, I've worn flip flops but I've always had on jeans. And when I wear flats and heels it sometimes peeks out the top. I am in no way like ashamed of it or anything, but I don't want to lose any engineering street cred because of it.

I'm sure no one will notice it. It's tiny and on my heel, and you'd see the bandaid on my shin before you'd notice it. But anyway, just feeling a little exposed.

I forgot to tell you that yesterday I had lunch with elizabeth. The food was yummy and the conversation was yummier. :) If you live in the triangle area you should check out pipers in the park. Their soup in a loaf is excellent as well!

Last night was the final day of VBS. I really enjoyed it! I didn't get to screenprint but I did get to spend the evening talking to chelsea while we cleaned everything. I liked realizing that our beliefs and perspectives are even more in alignment than we realized. AND we made plans-ish to get together sooon.

After VBS I practiced for sunday's trio (and goodness me I wish we'd started rehearsing earlier. we'll be fine, but I'm not "comfy" yet.) Iwent to meet little Harley "I'm All Shook Up" Gregg. He's a handsome fellow with floppy ears, a cowlick and the wagging-est tail I think I've ever seen. He's a ~5 lb 3 month old (or less?) king charles spaniel. He was SO cute. And gave lots of kisses. I will visit him (and his mommy Marla) again soon. PS, he doesn't have a middle name, but I like "I'm All Shook Up" or "Mmm-Mmm-yeah, yeah" because he'll do his lip like elvis. So I'll call him that. :)

After that (it was a frigging long day) was target. They didn't have my shelf organizer but they DID have my moisturizer, yay! So I went home (it was now 1030) and noticed that Matt had spots on his hand...spots of PAINT! The sneaky guy had been painting our bedroom. Three of the walls are done and all he has left today are the two smallest sections--one is the wall with the windows and the other is hte little nook up top. I am IMPRESSED! I cleaned for a while and then made room for the twin bed to be set up since even with the no-VOC paint the smell was STILL too much. It was nice to get to sleep with the kitties though, and Matt kindly slept on the couch. I will be glad to return to our room tonight!

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio