Friday, August 08, 2008

maybe a bit of both.

~the future kings of nowhere

I am a tired, tired girl. Matt and I have been busy doing house stuff in anticipation of his parents' arrival today. And I haven't been sleeping in the right places and I have been going-going-going from when I get to work at 9 ish and then I have things to do after work (vbs or tap) and then yesterday I went to kevin and lara's to practice my part of the trio for sunday and then to two targets and then came home to clean and ANYWAY. I am beat.

Sooo...happy things.

I found a mirror for the bathroom. I'd looked at thrift stores, ross, homegoods, tjmaxx, walmart, kmart...no dice. the one in there before was just a big sheet of mirror and I didn't care for it at all, especially for our little powder room. This kid was only twenty buck and I am going to spray paint the frame silver or pewter and it's going to look wonderful! Also, we're hanging it sideways!

I bought my closet organizer. I had to go to three targets to find it. That was ANNOYING. but I need to have a place for my things, and that will be jim dandy. we took out the old shelf yesterday (which we will reuse either in our guest bedroom or in the garage) and matt will be putting in the organizer this afternoon. I am pleased.

I am also pleased because Matt painted the bedroom. We bought the paint a while ago (and speaking of which don't have our rebate yet. hopefully soon). It looks AMAZING. He did a good job and I love love love the colors. With the help of my friend Chelsea we realized that we could paint the little wall dark and the nook part dark and it would be just fine, so we did! I am glad we didn't end up having the wall with the head of the bed be the accent wall--it was a good idea, but I like this so much! I'm hoping one of my sets of curtains will "go" so we'll have that taken care of too.

This is the shelf we brought home. I bought it at a garage sale, I think in high school? My mom put the checkered paper on it (with my permission) and I'll be taking it off soon. I'm not sure if it's staying in the living room or not, but I am excited to have it since it has so much character AND makes me think of my family.

Here is my assembled deck furniture and the new hanging planters I got from walmart. They were reasonably priced and that coco fiber is eco-friendly, so that's good for me! I need to return the ones I got from big lots--these look nicer, cost about the same for the size (because I'd have to buy a planter to put in 'em and couldn't find the right size anyway).

Also, the liquid from my bokashi composter? AMAZING. Check out that bell pepper. And then our bamboos are flourishing and supergreen now, too. I LOVE it. And it still isn't smelling (well, unless I open the lid and then it does, of course, but it's just unpleasant not repulsive). It is so rewarding to scoop up all the ends of tomatoes and basil stalks and whatever and compost 'em instead of trash 'em. WHY didn't I start doing this sooner?!?

Last night I got to talk to Mary Alise. That always makes for a good evening as well, even if we just talk about things like visiting the social security office. :)

Tonight Matt's parents come to town and we're going to mellow mushroom and then to play in our volleyball league. Tomorrow, a trip to the local winery and then to brightleaf square before dave's bday party. I hope it will be a fun-but-chill weekend.

Oooooh AND. I think I might have a place selected for my third and final tattoo. I know I want a sunflower with a stem and one leaf. I think I might get it on my side right below my bra. Minimal stretching but I hear it really, really, really hurts, so we'll see. But then it's hidden in anything but a swimsuit and it won't be huge and I'm excited at the idea. :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

For the trio: It will be great. Tell yourself that. Just take deep, low breaths and remember who you're singing to/about. Be in the moment and don't worry about how it sounds to you. Just know how much others will appreciate it. Think of it adding to their worship experience.

Anonymous said...

i have a tattoo on my right side that starts just above my bra line and is about 3 1/2 inches long...3/4 of an inch wide...

by far, it hurt more than the other two that i have (upper right back and left lower hip bone).

you will be SORE and it's hard to hold still, but it is good placement.

-kendra

melissa said...

dude, if i was going to get a tat, that's where i'd get it. GO FOR IT, and then tell me how it went. : )

a mouthy irish woman? ridiculous! said...

looks like things are coming along SOOO nicely! hope you have a great weekend with the rents!

Mary Alise said...

did that patio furniture come from wal-mart? I really like it.

Anonymous said...

I love it. First of all, I love that I'm at work, but able to breathe for once and catch up on your blogness. Second, I love the idea of you getting another tat. I want one. I wish you were here b/c I'd go with you and get one. I'm dead serious...Alright. Miss you bunches. Ready for work to calm down so we can commence with the emailing chaos again. ;)

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio