Wednesday, August 20, 2008

roadtrip-day 12

so, I'm feeling kind of relieved to be finished with the roadtrip blogs. it's kind of funny 'cause that's EXACTLY how I felt about the trip!

we got up, had breakfast, ate lunch with rosemary when she got back from the library (george, his dad, was out of town), packed up the car and rolled out. we went to see augusta's cursed pillar, which has a variety of stories, most of which involve someone dying not long after touching it. yikes. clearly, neither of us got near it. but here's a picture.

then we went on a little beer hunt. I wanted some sweetwater beer--not the 420 or the pale ale or the blueberry, the sweet georgia brown. we went to three stores and they had everything but! we got some other random beers we'd never seen before and began our trip home.

it rained. a lot. we stopped in hobby lobby because, y'know, it's my favorite store, and while we were there got some plates for outdoors and also stuff for scrapbooking. right there, on the spot, we decided to scrapbook our trip! matt helped pick out a lot of the stuff, so that was fun. and then we ate dinner at mcalister's. mmmmmm.

we had planned on stopping at the world's largest chest of drawers, duncan phyfe chair and highboy chest, which are all near high point, nc, but it was still pretty gross and late and we decided we'd go by another time. besides, hpu now has a marie curie statue, and let me tell you, we're finding her and I'm taking a picture with her! she's my hero!

we did see a very pretty sunset though--it cleared off for a bit before the evening was through, and here it was. we got home around 8 and it was raining again! It was wonderful to see the kitties and get the mail and sleep in our very own bed. theeeeeeeee end.

2 comments:

The Writer said...

I was impressed by the two posts in one day concept.

Looks like you guys had a great time - something I'm sure you'll always remember!

:)

Jax said...

So.. my stupid computer here wont let me view pics anymore. *sigh* but, your blogging lately is quite entertaining even w/o pics.. And, I love Hobby Lobby, too! LOVE ME SOME HL!

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio