Thursday, August 21, 2008

a gun rack? you got me, a gun rack? I don't even own a gun, let alone enough guns to necessitate an entire rack.

~wayne's world, wayne's world, party time, excellent!

um, I'm actually talking about wine racks here, people, but same diff. except that I have lots of wine, and it necessitates an entire rack.

I'm thinking about getting one that you mount on the wall. I'm thinking about putting it in the dining area, or maybe the living area, or maybe the kitchen. or the basement (aka the bonus room). If I don't get a wall mount one I'll want a tall skinny one. We simply don't have the floorspace for anything bulky, and most of them aren't my style. Here are some I like.



There's also the option of putting the wine under the bar in the dining room area (they potentially intended for you to have barstools there, but it is RIGHT NEXT to the dining table, wtf?) pottery barn has some horizontal under-a-cabinet/ledge shelves. anyway. not pressing. But yesterday I saw this picture and it inspired me! I found it when I was looking for reasons why a mirror shouldn't be hung horizontally. I think that's hooey! (I read on someone's blog that someone else thinks that's a huge faux pas.



Today was my first day of class. I was 5 minutes late. Traffic was fine after I got out of the park, but at nc state it was a nightmare. I was glad I don't have a 10am class though--traffic was MUCH worse when I was leaving.

I used my new supplies that I bought yesterday--a binder they told me was eco friendly (but I think that's a lie, I just looked), my greenroom-eco notebook, and I reused some other things. oh AND I got some notebook paper made from sugarcane waste. I'll take a picture at home.

While in class he told us that, amongst other things, the graduate students had to write a paper. Is it weird that this filled me with glee? I'm sure I'll bitch about it later, but for now I am pleased. :)

And? I am TIRED. There's a KD thing I'm going to tonight, but I don't think I'll stay long. I. am. tuckered. out. Last night when I got home from the shopping and the meeting with the youth advisors I searched frantically for some glue for my pictures (I'll have to go buy some tonight!) and we watched about 40 min of the olympics before matt fell asleep and I started nodding off myself. It was messy. I need a nap.

3 comments:

KaritaG said...

WTF? I think it's a way worse faux pas to hang a mirror vertically say, over a couch on a large wall. That would just look weird.

melissa said...

one of my favorite quotes ever :)

♥Joy♥ said...

this is like my favorite line from this movie. maybe favorite line ever.

melissa needs to get outta my head. =D seriously! she's like me...before i get there! ha!

I LOVE YOUR BLOG. ALL of it!!

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio