Tuesday, August 12, 2008

roadtrip-day 7

yeah, gotta get through these pronto or I'll forget it all!

saturday, as I mentioned before, we woke up giggling. I'd slept horribly, but at least I woke up and was laughing within five minutes. SUCH a fun group of girls. :)

we got showered and dressed, I saved ellie's life by having an extra razor (her words), we packed up our belongings and shuffled off to get our nails done. and boy, did we. most of us got manicures with paraffin and pedicures too--such a treat! leanne saved the day by going to get breakfast from the gas station--I get grumpy when I don't have orange juice in the AM so I was thankful! she even went around a couple of times doling out sips to those of us who couldn't use our hands. she and I developed a nice little nodding technique, it was hilarious. ps: see the cute red earrings? those are mine. :) and that's leanne, the awesomeness. and her bling. well, her bling for the time being anyway!




next was the bridesmaids luncheon. kamps had yummy food and the company was spectacular. renee gave us these cute gifts--bags monogrammed with the first letter of our name, water, magazines, candy, a scarf, a notepad and other various goodies. so, of course we wore the scarves for a few pictures. we talked about our fun night and ghosts/spiritual experiences and all sorts of stuff. oh and about some little old lady from the day before who was SO upset that OKC was going to pot because this place was no longer a grocery store and she couldn't get her cheese. it hasn't been a grocery store in like eight years or something! I must say, this lunch was VERY fun!


it was during this time that jessica and I realized that cody and matt didn't really have "a plan" per se. more like they'd thought about a plan but really they just had talked about their beers and how girls are crazy at bachelorettes instead of setting a time to meet so they could ride together. we were simultaneously amused and not amused by their lack of organization, surprise, surprise.

next was a little siesta and getting ready for the rehearsal. this was WAY more fun than I'd expected--we just sat and chatted and did hair and admired each other's dresses. and planned for the evening.

and then it was rehearsal time. the church was beautiful! and I found out that renee and I had the same dress, except hers was turquoise. we learned where to stand, practiced walking in, sang the songs and all that jazz. at this point I also got to see a lot of people I hadn't seen in a long long time. it was wonderful.

and then, dinner! we ate at the spaghetti warehouse in bricktown. matt and I went to grab my camera, but the other bridesmaids were kind and saved a seat for us. :) there was a shower for mike--it's tradition in renee's family. the bride gets so many showers, and the groom needs one! mike juggled, we talked, we ate, we laughed. and so forth.


then it was back to the hotel for a few beverages and then we went to say good night to renee. we drove back and slept--it was really nice to get some good sleep having slept so poorly the night before. cody and matt stayed up for.ev.er, but I think they had a really good time. :)

oh, and this is also when matt and I wanted to see who looked better in my granny's pearl earrings. we still think it's a toss-up. :)

1 comments:

KaritaG said...

Looks fun, lucky you, I love weddings and haven't been to a single one this summer!

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio