Tuesday, August 05, 2008

it's that time of year again...

you know, where I ask for you to help me pick which photos I should submit to the annual contest at my work. here are the ones that I've done in the past. I decided that I'd limit it to photos from the past year only--otherwise it would make the task a daunting one!

so, this year there are six categories, (the five listed and then work pics) but I'm not entering the one of work photos, I don't think. well, except I may have one photo but I am not sure if I'll be able to locate it. we shall see. I wish they'd mentioned they were doing this earlier--I didn't even maintain those photos since I had no reason to!

oh yeah, AND I can only enter five photos. you can tell me you like more than that if you want, but if you narrow it to 5 or so it will help me greatly! and, some of these might look a little fuzzy 'cause I had to re-size. If you double click you'll see them in all of their detailed glory. :)

anyway, so.

people

a) I call this one "on the road again"
c)

nature

d)

landscape

h) i)


architecture

l) m)

misc

n) o)

r)

I will be ordering my photos by this Friday ( I need to submit them by the 22nd) so if you're willing to give an opinion please do! thank you thank you thank you!

update: I've eliminated some for various reasons. I'm putting them down here so you can see them, but if they're in this grouping then I'm not considering entering them in the contest this go around. some are because of subject/originality, exposure, angle, focus, etc. for instance, photo b? there is a little too much blur to katelyn (the little girl) and in j, though I LOVE the colors, there are too many things distracting your eye. also, a special thanks to melissa for all her photography insight. :)
b) e) f)
g) j) k)

o) b&w p) q)
s) t) u)
v) w)

5 comments:

brooke knight said...

i like c, h, m, and o a lot. i think i like the bluish tones of o in color. good luck!

melissa said...

for "people," definitely a.
for "nature," d.
"landscape," h.
"architecture," m, hands-down.
"misc," n. i would say "r" for misc, but there's a lot of tungsten cast on it. can you photoshop it out? next time you're shooting in a situation like this, make sure your white balance is set to compensate.

wow, that was completely unsolicited advice. i'm sorry. they are all BEAUTIFUL photographs, btw. you are an ace at composing shots.

Anonymous said...

b, d, i, m, u are my choices. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

c, d, j, m, and o (i think i like the color version better...)

good luck!

-kendra

Ariel Merritt said...

I like c, m, and n!

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio