Tuesday, July 01, 2008

clickety, click-click

hiya.

so, I realized I haven't talked to y'all about photography for a while now...so here goes it.

I recently took engagement pictures for my friends kristin and adam. You can see them here. I am VERY pleased with them...we had to take them that day since they were moving and kristin wouldn't be back for quite some time, and it was sprinkling and the light wasn't very good, but we made the most of it and I think we ended up with some most excellent pictures.

not to toot my own horn. it's just that sometimes I'm like "whoa. I took that. like, all by myself."

And while you're at it, if you don't know about the rest of my photography, check it out here. It hasn't been updated too recently--I need to add florida. I'm waiting until my internet get hooked up at home before I try that one!

additionally, thanks to kara w. and julia b. for your recent photo purchases/commissions. Kara wanted some photos for her bedroom and julia wanted my photo that she's always enjoyed, which just so happens to be the one that made me think "dude. I should do more of this." And now I do. :)

and, most exciting of all, I have decided to get a new lens. my friend melissa told me about it, well really she told everyone about it, because it was what she wanted for her birthday. I have been checking out lenses since I bought my camera in january, and I'd decided I could get a new lens for my birthday. however, this trip in a week and a half made me want to get it sooner, and made it seem prudent to do so...so I DID! I am SUPER excited.

It is my understanding that it will help me take more photos like the ones here--see the blur? That's bokeh. I think. It could be better, and this lens is gonna make that happen. yay! it's actually one of my very favorite photo things. I'm always like "I want the blurry dot things." I'll let you know how it goes...

oh, and matt did make me promise not to take all of my photos with just this new lens. I told him I was quite sure I'd play with all three of 'em depending on the picture, thanks. he just had to be patient while I changed them!



I am looking forward to testing it out and sharing my photos with y'all. I think I will LOVE having it. And since I'll be taking photos of tennessee, ohio, kentucky, mississippi, illinois and indiana in the next few weeks, be prepared for an onslaught of photos! I bought additional memory cards and an extra battery, too. Now, if only my powershot would return.

Y'all might recall last year when idiot Carrie left her camera in the seat-back pocket on her way home from Oklahoma. AWFUL. And I bought the camera I have now. well, recently it hasn't been working correctly--and I think it's electrical. sometimes it won't flash even when I try to "force" it and there's a little gray dot that shows up on the LCD unless I'm pressing the shutter button half way down to focus. it's not a big deal, but it's annoying. So I sent it in last week and I'm crossing my fingers that it comes back to me before I go to OK on the 12th. Here's hoping...

and I probably shouldn't talk about this, but, oh well. don't want to jinx or whatever. But I'm a skosh nervous/anxious/curious because I submitted photos for our state's annual photo contest and I reallyreally want to know how I did! the issue comes out August 1st so I guess that's when I'll find out...I think since they have my address I don't find out ahead of time. which reminds me, I need to update that...

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio