Thursday, June 26, 2008

whew!

there's a new baby boy in town. congrats to karl and kat!

the orange parts of the kitchen are painted. I think matt's going to do the yellow today. Two coats all the way, baby--it makes SUCH a difference! I did not take pictures (it was after midnight!) but I will today. Seriously, our house is going to look AWESOME. I also cannot wait to start putting things where they go.

also, we may have to replace the linoleum in the kitchen. it sucks. it is not glued down. very pretty, but when we moved the fridge it bubbled like crazy. :(

aaaaaaaand I am EXHAUSTED. like, literally running out of steam. I have been averaging 5-6 hours of sleep a night and that is NOT enough. however, I did figure out one thing about my sleeping habits that is very helpful--I need to be cold when I sleep. Or cool. I certainly do not need to be "warm" or wonder if I'll be too hot with just the sheet on. I am all about energy conservation (and not turning on the AC) but dammit not getting decent/good sleep isn't worth it. In my new place I'm buying the offsets anyway (yes, really) so if I need to set the thermostat to a still-mild-not-freezing 77 or even 76 degrees I don't think I'm being TOO bad. And yes, I have tried using a fan and no, it just doesn't cut the mustard.

one more wall to paint and then our whole middle floor is done! I move in two days! eek!

2 comments:

KaritaG said...

dude, I set mine on 68 or 69 when I sleep. that's how cold I need to be. otherwise I just toss and turn all night and have crazy-ass dreams. it doesn't help that our house faces the south and our master is upstairs...

Sarah said...

paint can completely change a place, can't it?

GET SOME SLEEP WOMAN!!!!!

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio