Thursday, June 26, 2008

we are going to have the coolest patio.

I think you know this, but we have a patio. and a deck. it's one of my favorite things about my new house.

I already told you about the deck furniture. Today I saw an ad and we've decided that tonight we're going to buy our patio furniture. It is JUST LIKE what Matt and I described to each other on Monday. We saw a picnic table and talked about how cool that would be, and then realized that we'd like to be able to push the benches under the table for the sake of space. We had said we wanted a table, seats with no backs and wanted it to be made of a good wood, and as environmentally friendly as possible. We'd hoped to find something used, but figured that was highly unlikely. Oh yeah, and pine was out of the question. matt assembled some swingset out of pine at some point and said it was AWFUL. so, no pine. no pine at all.

so, this guy is made of acacia wood. "Acacia wood is an environmentally friendly hardwood known for its beautiful grain and durability. It also has a high resin content, which resists absorption of stains, odors and liquids."

and then I bought this rug today, it's made entirely of recycled soda bottles. and it's reversible! The two will be most excellent on our patio. With the grill and some plants and some Christmas lights, most likely. :) I can just see us hanging out and drinking a couple of beers and eating dinner on the patio. yay!

4 comments:

KaritaG said...

I frickin love my patio and deck. They're like my favorite part of my house. HAVE FUN! That all looks rad!

Ariel Merritt said...

Looks great--we can't wait to see your new place!

a mouthy irish woman? ridiculous! said...

love the furniture! love the rug colors! actually the rug colors? will be the colors of my walls and ceiling in my bedroom. i look forward to reading your posts and watching as your new home unfolds!

CONGRATS! :)

Sarah said...

OMG!!! I love that rug. I love outdoor spaces made into indoor spaces. can't wait until it's done so we can see it all!

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio