Tuesday, June 10, 2008

"grown-up casual"

~matt's description of how we want our house to look, particularly on the middle floor

thanks so much everyone for your comments on the last post. It's hard because I know all those things, it's just that once you get going with the worry thing it begins to snowball. I have decided that I am going to ask my church about the living with matt affecting my ability to be a youth leader. mostly because I DON'T want to deal with some type of a "situation" with an upset parent later. it's not necessarily any of their business but I also don't want to have to deal with it or worry about it in the future, y'know? (update: I called and asked, and as long as I don't advertise it, it should be fine. I did tell her that I didn't want to lie about it but I didn't mind avoiding the subject. :) )

so, I bought patio furniture last night. and a blue and white towel. my mom has requested that I paint our powder room powder blue. with all of the other crazy colors on that floor I figure a calm one might not be so bad. :) I also found a neat thing on benjamin moore where for ten bucks you can download a program that will take your own pictures and let you "paint" the walls. it will help a lot for us to see what it looks like. especially matt. I believe he thinks I'm a leetle overzealous with the colors. we shall see.

oh, I also bought a bath mat. I'm not positive about it but it's REALLY soft and I like the design. and the colors are better in person than in that picture--way less washed out and less brownish. They have this pattern in many colors (that blue and white towel matches their blue rug)--I may just have this pattern in all three of the bathrooms. I already have a khaki shower curtain and there's a brown and khaki and white version of the rug, too. I could paint the walls a really rich red or purple or blue or something and that might look awesome. we'll see...

this weekend I became quite possibly the coolest girlfriend ever. (no offense to you other girlfriends out there) matt had to do a slideshow for school. it turned into three slideshows. we used animoto which is SUPER cool. due to his schedule I ended up helping him A LOT--resizing most of the pictures and ultimately re-making the slideshows when we realized that a lot of pictures were left out. he HAD to have them saturday night so I actually drove to outback to get them to him. I think I spent, oh, seven or eight hours helping him/getting it to him. He needed them for the dance and they were a HIT! But yeah, coolest girlfriend ever.

and on sunday we grilled steaks and baked taters and corn-on-the-cob and played bocce while drinking beer. and talked about house plans. we might've even drawn diagrams. I am SO excited about moving in with him. I just kind of wish it were, oh, july 12th so we'd be on our trip to OK instead of thinking about house stuff. :)

3 comments:

Jax said...

Hello. I love this blog. Is that the furniture you got? That's adorable! And the towels? SO CUTE! How exciting! You're making me want to re-decorate...or move to Chicago..whatever. ;)

Unknown said...

This all looks so fun! I still don't feel like my house is mine, because we haven't done any personal touches. I can't wait to see what else you post!

care said...

yes, I got that furniture, sans area rug and throw pillows. it'll take up most of the deck but we'll LOVE sitting out there. I'm really excited!

and blaze, I'll post pictures a'plenty. :)

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio