Wednesday, May 28, 2008

elevator music and panic attacks.

for the love.

okay, so I've been on hold with TWC FOREVER. I did this damn price lock thing thinking it was a good idea and changed my mind, and seriously it is SO not worth it. SO.

Update on the house sitch--long story short, we're stuck at a thousand dollars. and not the price. no, no, we've agreed on price. and closing (june 16th! so fast!). and closing costs and who is buying the home warranty. but...we're still on hold. because they want a grand in "option" money, and I want to pay it as earnest money.

now, I assume you all know about earnest money. it's money you use to display your intent. I assume option money might not be as common to know about, but it's basically that it gives you the "option" of buying, as I understand it. with option money, I, the buyer, can quit the deal for any reason in the whole world, BUT the seller gets to keep my mulah.

if we make it to closing, it doesn't matter to my pocket if it's option or earnest money.

but this is kind of like putting a thousand dollar bet on this house saying "I'm sure it'll all turn up roses." and that? makes me a leeeetle nervous.

after work I'm going to check it out again. until then, me and the google earth are going to have a field day. yeeeeehaw.

2 comments:

Ariel Merritt said...

good luck, carrie! i know the buying process can be stressful. :-)

KaritaG said...

um, yeah, especially because you can generally get your earnest money back for any reason in the world, too (assuming you get a nice lawyer to send them a letter). Options are pointless at this stage...IMHO. Good luck!

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio