Friday, May 30, 2008

and I felt so safe in a warming bath of sunlight of sunlight

~death cab for cutie

the new album is good! my awesome grandlittle gave me a copy--she'd ended up with two and was gracious enough to give one to me!

anyway, I had an idea! I hope Matt goes for it. I think he will.

right now I have a wall o' black and white photos. I really like it, and I enjoy changing out the photos to reflect places I've visited recently--off the top of my head I know it's had pictures from the Charleston girl's trip, New York, Tulsa, Dallas, Oregon, Missouri, North Carolina, New Orleans, Los Angeles, etc. Love it. Plan on keeping it, maybe on the third floor, maybe at that staircase, not too sure.

BUT. my idea that I think is just brills--on the stairs either leading up to the second floor or at the landing where you can go to either the front door, the "basement" as we've coined it or up to the second floor, I want to put another grouping of pictures. Lots of 'em. All 8x10 or 5x7 maybe and no matting in silver frames. Or black. Likely silver. and maybe an assortment of sizes, I'm just not sure.

And I want them ALL to be flowers. But not just blossoms. Maybe parts of the flowers. More interesting sides/pieces/angles of flowers. Perhaps these would be some of the options--and maybe they wouldn't be in a well defined shape, they'd just have to look "balanced." I don't want it to be too girly, but I'm also really proud of my photography (and my painting, but much much moreso my photography) and I have no qualms about making my home my own personal art gallery. :)

perhaps ones like these: not necessarily these, not necessarily this many/few and this grouping is pretty heavy on the orange, and I don't want that. though I do LOVE the one that's just the bottom of the flower--the last orange one in this group. it's my background on my computer. for today, anyway!


also: all of the sudden I want to paint a wall pink. don't worry, I won't. okay well maybe the bathroom, but even then, not so much. but that doesn't mean I can't want to!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

So I love this idea. I think it will look amazing.. :0)
Love, Nicole

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio