Tuesday, April 01, 2008

I clearly will be missing your firm stand for reason.

~direct quote from an email sent by a co-worker in my old group.

It's nice isn't it? Me and my firm stand for reason. (most of the time) I am SO logical it irritates even me, so it's a pleasant change of pace to be praised for it.

anyhoo.
I am at my new job.
On my new-to-me computer.
In my old/new/current/could-be-changed-in-a-week office.
With my boxes still packed because there's nowhere to put anything.
Because my boss's boss still has oodles of paper in here.

oh AND this new computer? yeah, I couldn't even log in until 11AM today. And the hard drive is still only 93% encrypted. and the IT dude/chick (who set up this computer in my absence yet neglected to do 2/3 of what they're supposed to, sayeth the other IT dude who came to help me) left cords EVERYWHERE. I think I'll take a picture to share with you later. and then promptly fix it. ugh.

I found out about two new blogs today, one because he commented on my last post, and the other as a link from his blog. I especially like the second one (no offense to nobody) because there are a couple greeny posts--here and here. I might have to try these cleaners and then let y'all know how it worked. And I'm not allergic to the ingredients in the laundry, I don't think, so it's worth a try. Maybe I'll convince Matt to help me. OR share the info with my party-goers on the 26th.

speaking of which, I believe I'm going to have a best-re-purposed-item competition. Neat, yes?

oh, and from blog numero two I also found this crazy link. it's to the world clock. seriously, check it out. mind blowing.

also, I'm excited because I *think* I'm going to frame some of my photos and put them up in my office. My cube had my photo contest submissions up in it, which was a) because they were there and b)because I couldn't put nails in the wall anyway. But now I might add some real, true, "professional looking" color. HOORAY!

And, all you NC folk, TODAY IS THE DAY! Go to your local grocery or B&N, pick up an Our State and turn to pages 68-69! Yay! Between this and the job, this has to be the best April Fools day I've EVER had!

1 comments:

M. said...

You linked to me! Awesome!

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio