Monday, March 17, 2008

never iron a four-leaf clover, because you don't want to press your luck!

they have no idea who said that, but I LOVE it.

Question: WHERE IS ALL THE GREEN? No offense to you personally, but if you're not wearing green (or orange) today I've gotta call you LAME. Don't worry, it's not a permanent thing, but really? You're supposed to wear a certain color ONCE a year or pay the consequences--seriously, you can do it! No one wants to get pinched! Wear green, people!

There are like three other people with green on in my group and I think one of them was by accident. Maybe I'm so into it because green is one of the most flattering colors I can wear. Or maybe it's because I'm a little Irish or because today is Matt and my anniversary--but really? in any case, it's totally lame.

this weekend was a busy one--and not at all what we'd planned. friday night there was no bowling--instead we went to a mexican place. everyone who showed up knows each other, and lara, kevin, matt and I were running late, so we just ended up meeting in the middle. I'm sad not to have bowled though. sad sad sad.

and then saturday--well, there was the softball practice where I kind of rocked the place. I was like "holy sh!t I'm catching all these!" not that I was perfect or something, but it totally reminded me of early high school when I could actually play. but let me tell you--I'm paying for it now. sooooooo sore.

and then it started POURING. like, to the extent that the kind people at Marshalls were leaving en masse. It was kind of amusing, really. But I finally found a couple of casual-but-nicer shirts that don't make me look like I'm wearing clothes meant for 17 or 37 year olds. And I found a purdy $15 skirt that's black and white and red. I wore it to church sunday with a black shirt and red flats. :)

that night we had McAlisters and then went to check out Tra'Li, the Irish pub closest to me. It was good, but not amazing. We were glad to get a table though. We had a couple of beers and came back to watch August Rush. This is a good, cute, enjoyable movie. It will not rock your socks off, but I think you'll like it and I encourage you to check it out. If you like music, if you like the actors in it, if you want to see Robin Williams look freakish. I had to go to sleep before it was over, but I finished it yesterday while I planted the rest of my seedlings. YAY for seedlings!

and now? now I'm at work not telling anyone that my last day is in two weeks because my boss's boss has requested that I wait for the paperwork to go through. which is fine by me, I guess, but still.

that, and I'm awaiting my anniversary fun tonight. yaaaay! happy one year to us! we're going to uno's, where we went on our first date. I'm looking forward to it!

4 comments:

Tonya said...

Happy Anniversary! Yea! Yea! Yea! Big cheers for one of my very favorite couples!

melissa said...

i wore green on accident today... what i mean to say is, it was unplanned. but you know, it worked out well. : ) happy anniversary!

a mouthy irish woman? ridiculous! said...

i dyed my skin green :)

Ariel Merritt said...

happy anniversary!

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio