Tuesday, March 18, 2008

a fickle star named cleona.

perhaps that should be the name of my first album, should I ever make one. matt gave me that last night, and I'd explain, but you wouldn't find it NEARLY as funny as we did, I promise.

what I will tell you is that we both love-love-loved what the other got for us. matt thought the little poem I wrote him was wonderful (it had a part about every month and things that happened then and stuff like that...) and we got a HUGE kick out of how I had pointed out that my card was printed on recycled paper and how he got a card for me with al gore telling us to "be green!" by the way, yes, cards plural. from the man who "doesn't do" cards. he said "I know how much you like them, so I thought you needed more than one. I actually had to stop myself from buying more!!!" and? I totally almost bought him that card with the little kids on it. I actually settled on a DIFFERENT card with little kids on it. cute cute cute!

(by the way, I totally have a sappy smile on my face right this instant)

I got him twelve gifts--some bigger, some little--on purpose (plus his card) and though it was totally unintentional, he got me twelve gifts, counting the cards, plus the flowers. two of my faves were the picture frame (with random people's pictures in it--I need to change that!) and a shirt that said "solar power is hot!" I do hope you haven't thrown up yet. It gets worse!

so, once we opened our gifts and put the champagne in the fridge, we headed to uno's. and you may not know this, because I soooo didn't blog about it, but our first date was at uno's. we kind of just picked it when we got to the shopping center (and I quickly learned that if our relationship was going to work I'd be picking the restaurants about 90% of the time) and I didn't think about it--I mean I like uno's, it's one of my fave places--except I was totally going to order off the menu. on the first date. arguably not the best thing to do, you know?

well anyway, so we went there, and I did order off the menu because the chicken fajita pizza is my veryveryvery favorite pizza ever (more than mazzio's, more than mario's, more than zpizza, more than the one I make from scratch, honestly, but they're very different and it's a close second but moving on) so anyway, we went to uno's since it had significance.

and randomly enough, it just so happened that "our booth" from that date was open and without our saying even a word to the server dude, that's where he sat us. :) cute, no? I mean, its not like there's four million tables there, but there were easily, oh, ten or twelve open, and that's where they sat us on our anniversary? mighty fun co-ink-ee-dink. so this? this is us in "our booth." :)

after that, we came home and drank the champagne and ate the sugar cookies he'd given me while watching new tv! how I met your mother was quite funny, and big nerds that we are we enjoyed the big bang theory too. oh, turning off lights in another country over the internet and going to a physics convention. SO damn funny. so so so.

end: being maple-tree-ish. y'know, sappy.

other things: 1. I keep buying the 3 lb bags of oranges even though I know I can't eat them all. I don't want the bigger oranges because I'm less likely to eat them, and honestly the 3lb bag is a better deal anyway. so I forced one of them on my coworker luke. two days later I put a little sign by his orange a'la alice in wonderland that said "eat me." this is how he returned the favor. and yes, that's the taped together peel of an orange.

2. I bought daffodils at work to support the american cancer society. twenty of them, actually. and they are open and in my green depression glass vase, and they are LOVELY. I can't even begin to tell you how much I love green and yellow together. just like my granny. I totally want to have a yellow kitchen some day (I used to want green, but now I want yellow, but I'll probably do green again and now I'll tell you why) because they're all cheery and pleasant if you pick the correct color, but yellow kitchens are also the most likely to catch on fire. or so they say.

3. I cleaned my downstairs this weekend. vacuumed, scrubbed, etc. it isn't done completely yet, but I've made good progress. and I think I'm going to totally undo that tonight and tomorrow by painting when I get home. and watching movies. :)

happy tuesday. and I'm still smiling! :)

4 comments:

Tonya said...

Awww... I am SO glad he got you cards! I am SO glad you two are together! It works out so well for me! Now, to a second year -- cheers!
Oh, and I totally want tot hear about cleona. :)

melissa said...

c-u-t-e. so cute. : )

The Writer said...

Congrats on your one year - so exciting! You guys need to come celebrate again in Orlando!! Any time - really.

And, my kitchen's yellow. :)

Anonymous said...

YAY for adding pics!I havent been as good at random pics lately. :)You guys are so cute!! :) So happy for you and cant believe it's been a YEAR! Holy moly!

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio