Thursday, February 14, 2008

daylight and maple.

y'know, I wish those two had gone together today. they're actually separate topics.

I had a donut today. for like the first time in, um, a year or more? I'm just not a donut-kind-of-girl, really--or at least I can usually resist them. I mean, unless it's a maple donut. mmmmmm maple donuts. makes me think of this life-perspective-changing trip to san diego in college. the one where it re-instilled my faith in humanity.

but that is another post for another time. except for the part that that's where I was introduced to the joy that is a maple donut.

[insert homer simpson mmm here.]

anyhoodle, in the office-that-I-like, the park one, somebody brought in donuts. daylight donuts. I had a chocolate one. and I got to tell two people where daylight donuts come from--Tulsa, Oklahoma, baby! They were quite surprised. and then of course we began a convo about tornados v. hurricanes. I still say I prefer tornados. at lease people know what to do in those. here when they think a hurricane is coming people buy eleven million bottles of water. if it's really that bad? you're not going to have a sewer system. think about that.

moving on.

last night matt brought me flowers and york peppermint patties. he said I shouldn't have to wait for the flowers (and that he bought ones I'd like to photograph, and that had a carnation or two since those a frat thing for him, and I informed him it was a chi-o thing too), and that he almost bought me this HUGE heart of chocolates but would rather get me something he knew I'd enjoy. so, I gave him his boxers and his heart-shaped york peppermint patties.

we got a kick out of that.

and then we watched the two eps of last season and the first ep of this season--of LOST. because sneaky mcsneakerson has been watching LOST and not telling me so he could surprise me. cute, no? tonight out plans have changed, and he's watching ep 2 while I PACK FOR DC! and then we'll watch tonight's. while I eat a chicken fajita spud from mcalisters. apparently I like chicken fajita stuff. 'cause, y'know, my fave pizza of all is also, you guessed it--chicken fajita.

oh, and matt said this twice the night before and once last night--"do I smell a maple tree?" because I was being--wait for it--sappy.

and here, for your hallmark holiday viewing pleasure, are pics of the flowers and my cute cats. :)-- and these are the ones with my point and shoot--my dslr did even better!


also, dammitalltohell (which may be the first time I've ever typed or used that phrase) this huge jerkface is making me want to punch him. he was leaning up against my cube wall (which is attached directly to my desk), and pushing on it and moving it and tapping his fingers on it. and I'm having to listen to him talk. LOUDLY. thank the good lord he stopped when I stood up, mouth full of my lunch and said:

"any chance I could get you to stop tapping your fingers on that wall?"
and he said "maybe."
and I said "because it is directly attached to my desk. and it is moving everything. and I cannot read. please."(note that's a period. not a question mark.)

he stopped.

I said "sorry to interrupt your conversation." and sat back down. and he has stopped. and left. glory hallelujah!

other things, going bad to good:
-it hurt to sing last night. my face actually ached. I'll have to ease into that.
-the weather will not make up its mind. I go from four to three to two layers back up. yeesh.
-today is thursday.
-I got to work in the other building today.
-I will have an interview for a job in the other building in a few weeks! (and have to submit a writing sample--I think it will be my thermo/beer paper, which needs a little polishing.)
-I go to DC tomorrow!!!!!

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio