Wednesday, January 23, 2008

things that begin with the letter "a"

acetaminophen.
holy crap this stuff is REALLY important right now. I forgot to take it right when I got up, which was already past the six hour mark, and I ended up not realizing what was going on until about 10am. I was just "dude, why do I feel so awful? I felt better yesterday!?!" yeah. take your tylenol, carrie, take your tylenol.

address labels.
um, how many of these do I really need? really? because off the top of my head I can think of...one, two, three, four, five...six...seven, at least seven sets of address labels I've gotten in the past three months. I've never gotten this many before. how did I end up on all these mailing lists? at least these ones are cute and spring like. and since they're here? I'm using them. And I'd send 'em five bucks since I like them, but then the amount of mail I'll get from them will quadruple. le sigh.

activity.
this is still kind of at a minimum. I'm skipping girl scouts today and doing as little as possible. hooray for shirking responsibility! :) seriously though. last night matt and I watched two movies and put the remaining four pieces in our puzzle. that's how lame I'm being. of course, he loved it, since he's such an avid movie watcher. we saw A Scanner Darkly and Sunshine. Neither were amazing, but they were both worth seeing once.

acquisitions.
I am buying my camera on saturday and I am suuuuuper excited. I think I'm going to get the backpack that melissa recommended for my "case"--not positive, but pretty sure. I wish I could find a place to try it on instead of buying online, but maybe amazon will be reasonable if I want to return it? It just seems well suited to having more than the camera in it, and I figure if I use both straps (remember when that was dorky? and now that I'm older it seems like the practical thing to do?) it will keep whatever I'm not using out of my way while I take the photos. we shall see.

advance planning.
I have started to look for flights for the summer for the two weddings I'm in. It's cracking me up because everything to everywhere is $250 on northwest. I keep having to double check that I'm not doing the same search over and over.

accomplishment.
like I said, we finished the puzzle. and I'm getting things off of my list of "to-do's." and I'm making other lists--like things I want to purchase and topics I need to research and things like that. and apparently I'm being considered for one of those who's who things, which is lame but it doesn't cost anything and it's another thing on my resume, so I might do it. and I finally sent in that photo of me against the brick wall. I chose the horizontal one. I bet I'll take a picture of the page when I get in the KD magazine. :)

art.
I need to do some. I miss it. I want to paint something with lots of yellow and green and orange because I want some springtime. Perhaps I will make myself paint whenever the february funk shows up. :)

appetite.
I don't have one. It went away. I sure wish it would come back.

attention span.
yeah, that's pretty much non-existent too. eh, whatev. better than apathy. :)

3 comments:

Cody C. said...

I LOVED Sunshine. it FREAKED me out... I wish I had seen it in theatres, as the audio/visual would have been stunning in truly theatric 5.1 and widescreen...

Seriously, it was pretty fantastic and then it said, "there are 5 lifeforms aboard" and I just flipped. And then it became a very great flick.

In my opinion.

I would totally overuse amazing to describe Sunshine...

What kind of system did you watch it on? How are your audio channels? How big's your TV? did you really watch it or did you "couple" watch it, ie, spend that time to do other things? It's a movie to watch, not to have on...

But yeah. I disagree. My opinion of Sunshine is very high.

And how great was Cillian Murphy!?!?! AND Chris Evans?!?!?!

care said...

I agree with you about the moment it became a better movie. but for me it went from "yeah. this is not bad" to "hey, this is kinda good!"

my TV is reasonably sized--26" flat panel, I do believe and my speakers are good but not great. I likely would've enjoyed it more in a theatre, I'll give you that.

I had to stop it twice to make tea and go to the bathroom, but otherwise we just watched the movie.

And I thought Chris Evans did an awesome job as an asshole (who admittedly was also valiant) and I think Cillian Murphy is hot, plus he was talking about physics, so he could do no wrong in my eyes. :)

but see, I was comparing it to "The Core" the whole time. It felt like that but to the sun. and pieces of it were kind of predictable.

I think it gets a firm 7 in my book.

I definitely liked it better than A Scanner Darkly though. No question about that!!!

Cody C. said...

You mention the Core again....

I saw that in theaters years back, and then got it on DVD (because I loved it), and, somehow, the DVD went missing.

SO the last time you mentioned the Core on your blog, I was like, I love that movie. And I went home, it wasn't there, so I bought it again. To watch.

Because, to me, those are the movies that just entertain and go there. Banding together in a futile attempt to save humanity by going 20,000 leagues under the sea or voyaging to the center of the earth or the moon or wherever... Great movies.

So I agree with you there. But with Sunshine, it was SCARY. Not just desolate and shocking, but freaky and f'd up.

Anyways, Core was great, and now I might watch it this weekend since you reminded me of it... again. :)

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio